Giving up formula to EBF, 4 wet diapers though

ScarlettMom

Reaction score
My LO is 4 months old. I have been using the Lact aid SNS for a month now with formula. yesterday we EBF and she had 6-7 wet diapers. Today we have had four definite wet diapers and a bowel movement. I don't know if she went from 12 am - 7 because I used a microfiber cloth diaper and it makes it hard to tell. Today just seems less than yesterday. All wet diapers were clear. Otherwise, she seems energetic and happy. I'm just paranoid she will dehydrate if I am not doing this whole weaning thing right.

Apparently if they are dehydrated their fontanelle will really dip in (not just very shallowly) but I would think if she is alert and happy she should be okay. We recently switched from combi to ebf and I was really worried he wasn't getting enough but he seems to be gaining weight fine. Maybe chat to your HV and see if they think all seems well x

I think the fontanelle dipping is a really late sign of dehydration. But I would just keep monitoring her wet and dirty diapers and feed as much as lo wants. If she appears happy after a feed then I wouldn't be concerned :)

I was told by the doctor it can sometimes dent in when he's due a feed because my LO's sometimes does and I was worried but for my LO there is always the slight dip, I'm sure anything more than that would be quite a severe sign x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->