glandular fever/mono

kirst76

Reaction score
My 15y/o has glandular fever.
She was originally diagnosed with tonsillitis and got progressively worse. She ended up in A&E on Tuesday night and again on Thursday morning and was then diagnosed with GF. She is not getting better. The doctors have not admitted her but she is no better and is now starting to get jaundice. I am out of ideas of what to do and also what to feed her.
We are over half an hour from the hospital and I have 3 other kids to organise as well.
Please help if you have any ideas of what I could do.

My 15y/o has glandular fever.
She was originally diagnosed with tonsillitis and got progressively worse. She ended up in A&E on Tuesday night and again on Thursday morning and was then diagnosed with GF. She is not getting better. The doctors have not admitted her but she is no better and is now starting to get jaundice. I am out of ideas of what to do and also what to feed her.
We are over half an hour from the hospital and I have 3 other kids to organise as well.
Please help if you have any ideas of what I could do.

I had glandular fever really bad and was in hospital for 2 weeks and had my spleen removed due to it! I'm also a nurse lol

If shes jaundice you must take her back to A&E, glandular fever can cause the liver to enlarge which is pretty serious. As for what to feed her, just get as many fluids as you can in her and if she feels like eating it will probably be something cold and soft like Jelly/icecream. I lived off Jelly for nearly 4 months lol.

She'll want lots of rest and really all you can do is make her comfortable. Also, the effects of GF can last for years. I think it took me 2 years to get my energy levels back to normal...

Hope she feels better soon :hugs:

^^wss I'm also a nurse and I think you should get her to the hospital ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->