Glandular Fever?

bubbles

1DS, 1DD & preggo
Reaction score
is it contagious and would I be at risk if I came into contact with some one that has it? DH's friend currently has it and wanted to come round last night bt I said no because I don't know if it is contagious and if so how contagious. Hubby has decided to nip and see him on his way home but I'm worried that he might pick up the infection and pass it onto me. Any ideas??

I had it last year - I'm not 100% sure but I believe it is contagious. Not as much as other things such as chicken pox which if you've never had and come into contact with you're very likely to get - it's kind of a if you're gonna get it you're gonna get it kinda thing, like you can't avoid people.

Unfortuntely there's nothing you can do once you've got it either. When the doc told me I had it he said he was very surprised as my glands were only up a little bit and I didn't feel too bad but my friend had it and was in hospital a few days so I think you're right to try and avoid it.

Hope you don't get it :hugs: .

I've had this and it sucked! Yes it's contagious but once you get it you won't have it again. It's usually spread by saliva but can also be spread if the person coughs, sneezes, etc around you.

i've had it also ! I caught it last year, and ive never fully 100% returned back to normal, which my gp said is normal. It usually takes weeks/months to heal, but sometimes years. The only effects i get of it now is the glands in my neck are always up ( if i feel both sides of my neck, i can feel 2 round balls ) , and i still get tired alot.

It is contagious but only really passed through saliva, although when people cough/sneeze ect it can be passed but its not very often you get it that way, but it can happen, so be warned just in case !

x

I had this when i was 13 and it was awful, spent 2 1/2 months laid in hospital, it really takes it out of you and you have no energy what so ever and like a couple of others have said you never return to normal fully.

It is mainly passed on by saliva e.g kissing/drinking out of the same cup as someone who has it but can be passed on with coughs/sneezes, if your DH friend did come round make sure he drinks out of a cup which u can easily identify and make sure it has been washed throughly before you drink out of it.

if you want any more information this website should help https://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=213&sectionId=1

Hope this helps x

I have had it when I was younger. I don't think hubby was stickin his tongue down his friend throat so not too worried about it. Hubby did say Rich (his friend) was in a bad way though and was very yellow (jaundice)

As the others have said it's passed through liquids like saliva. I've had it and arguably still do. I got it when I was 14 and suffered for about 3 years then had a relapse when I was 23 for 6 months. Though it's contagious you won't catch it like catching a cold from someone. I've never known anyone have it out of all my BFs, friends, family and DH despite kissing or sharing bottles of water or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->