Go backwards to finally go forwards??

Elli21

Reaction score
My daughter is 5.

She wets the bed, and i thought we had had it under control, with wet-sheets, cutting back on drinks, toilet times before bed, and a star chart...

But bless her she has gone backwards really fast...

Wet the bed EVERY night now for 2 weeks.

My question, or my idea should i say, is to buy her those "dry nites" ...
If its dry in the morning, sticker, if not, no sticker, but no embarrassing sheet changes in the middle of the night for her.
What do you think?

:shrug:

Could something be worrying her? My daughter is 5 in november and she has been dry at night since about 3 years old but a couple of weeks ago she started wetting every night, we discovered that she was really nervous about starting school so I have put her in pull ups for 2 weeks till shes settled in school then we will start again. I will do the star chart thing and wake her up for a wee etc. I dont like dry nights because they create the illusion of a nappy and my daughter will still wee in them without even knowing shes doin it! x

First of all has her Doctor ruled out a bladder problem??
If you are limiting liquids 2 hours prior to bed time and making her go just before tuck in time then absolutely the sleep pants are a fantastic idea.
They are made with a liner that will absorb but not so fast that it won’t still wake her up in hopes that she finishes the job in the potty
Keep up with the positive reinforcements and good luck!!!
:thumbup:

My daughter is just shy of 6 and she wakes up dry about half to 2/3 of the time. Her pediatrician said its normal until age 7, some kids just don't have a big enough bladder, and can't wake themselves up from a deep sleep to go to the bathroom in the night.

We have had times where we think she's getting it and then suddenly she will have accidents every night for a few weeks. Then usually she does a little better than before. Her pede said as long as over time she seems to be improving, not to worry.

We do use disposable undies for her, and right now we are working on a reinforcement plan, if she wakes up dry 10 mornings in a row she will get a prize.

Hey hun. As a child, I used to wet the bed until the age of 9, my mum did everything, shouted, smacked because she thought it was me being lazy. She did calm down lol (it was over 30 years ago).

I got through it by seeing a doctor who introduced an alarm which buzzed as soon as a drop hit the sheet underneath, basically it was a pad that went under the sheet connected to an alarm. As soon as the alarm went off it woke me and eventually it did help me to stop.

We had the same with my son, he too was 9 when he eventually stopped wetting the bed and it was sometimes as bad at twice a night. We tried everything, stopping drinks, dry nites etc. All dry nites do is put them in a "nappy" it doesnt stop the habit. Ben went to the clinic referred to by the doctor and they gave him a buzzer alarm. it clipped to his pyjamas and buzzed like mine did. Eventually after a while it stopped him too. If you are really worried maybe see a health visitor or doc. I was at my wits end with Ben but did have patience as I knew it had happened to me.

My daughter never wet the bed at all !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"