Going away with 8 week old over New Year?

SuzyQ

Pregnant with 2nd
Reaction score
Hey

Just wanted peoples opinion on this-I know baby isn't even here yet, but-My OH really wants to go away to a log cabin over new year and I'm just a bit worried that it won't be much of a break with baby probably only being about 8 weeks old?
The log cabins aren't too far away, so its not like its a lot of travelling, I'm just worried cos I have no idea how we'll cope anyway with a newborn, let alone not being in the comfort of our own home and don't want it to be a waste of money?

what would yous do?

x

I'm going away also from the 26th Dec to the 2nd Jan :) I'm really looking forward to it ha ha!! But i'm going to stay with family down in Lincoln so i'm not really spending money. I know that a friend took a 10day old baby away for a few days and he was brill.
I would go, just cos it might be nice to take your LO out for walks or something... but i'm not sure if thats what you'd like doing!! Just getting away might be nice though :)

i'd go for it chick, make sure you have everything you need and have a great time. going away with a toddler is as bad lol need a truck of their own for their bits and bobs, and i dread taking my teen away as she gets bored really easy, and i'm aparrently old fashioned and boring...there's 17 yrs between us btw lol but sometimes a break is justy what we need as parents,
it'll be a nice break for you i'm sure, i'd jump at the chance to go in a log cabin, think of that lovely log fire and nice walks you can go on
enjoy
xx

We took Chloe away over night when she was 8 week old, much easier than I was expecting. We satyed in a hotel and there was no problms at all. If you're comfortable doing it go for it, we had a great time and having Chloe was no prblem at all

Thanks ladies. Think we probably will go for it, I do like the idea of it. Log fire and walks and stuff, and there's a hot tub!
Its actually the first new year I've had off since the Millenium cos of the way my shifts have worked out the last few years so will be nice not to have bring it in in work! x

You go and enjoy your self hun.xxx

I think the change would probably do you all good to be honest.

I would go without any hesitation. We are going to Canada when ours is 12 weeks.

I'm going away also from the 26th Dec to the 2nd Jan :) I'm really looking forward to it ha ha!! But i'm going to stay with family down in Lincoln so i'm not really spending money.
QUOTE]

Ooo ill be near lincoln around then too, staying at OH mums. I have to admit though im a bit aprehensive about being away from home when bubba is so young but I suppose as its not that far we can always come home if I get stressed out.

Im not sure id pay to go away that early on as you dont know what kind of a baby your LO will be but thats just my opinion :)

We took Abi on a break to Blackpool and stayed in a caravan when she was just a fortnight old. We weren't going on a plane or anything so we thought....what the hell. We had a great time, I was breastfeeding so it was just clothes, crib and nappies that we took.

Go for it....it's your choice, tell anyone who disagrees to bugger off:rofl:

We took Abi on a break to Blackpool and stayed in a caravan when she was just a fortnight old. We weren't going on a plane or anything so we thought....what the hell. We had a great time, I was breastfeeding so it was just clothes, crib and nappies that we took.

Go for it....it's your choice, tell anyone who disagrees to bugger off:rofl:

Thanks everyone, I feel better about it now! I think thats what I'm a bit worried about-certain people thinking I'm mad for taking baby away!

Def go for it! I went on holiday to Spain when DS was 8 weeks and we were perfectly fine. It's so much easier to travel with a tiny baby than a toddler+ !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->