going back to the gym

puddytat

Reaction score
I have had my little boy just over a week ago and i have had stitches and i just wondered when is the best time to go back to the gym?

I have had my little boy just over a week ago and i have had stitches and i just wondered when is the best time to go back to the gym?

hi there and congrats on your LO.

It is generally recommended that you wait till after your 6 week post natal check to resume exercise such at the gym.

esp with stitches! I had them too and even fast walking made me feel sore!

Your body is still recovering from a great ordeal so it needs time to rest and the gym is not the best place to be in the first few weeks.

I'd get checked out at your post natal, get the go ahead from your GP then slowly build up...

Bare in mind that if you are BF your ligaments will still be lax due to the hormone relaxin so very strenuous exercise, running. etc is not recommended

but you can still get out and walk with the pram :thumbup:

xxx
xxx

congrats!!! they do say wait at least 6 weeks to give your body time to recover, even though you may feel ok, you dont want to over do it xxx

id say wait till ur check to or untill ur stitches are healed atleast i can remember walking used to make it hard to sit down lol let alone gym xxx

Personally I would wait a couple of months. Just because everything would have stretched a bit and you don't want to do any lasting damage.

Maybe try a bit of gentle yoga or some exercises at home?

ooh gosh you are keen lol - I only went back three weeks ago. It really hurts too to do abdominal work - I was told it takes a year for your body to fully recover from pregnancy and child birth so I will be going very very slowly xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->