Going crazy trying to choose girl name!!

Starkette

Reaction score
Seriously. Every time I think we've made a choice, it starts to feel weird and then I start second guessing myself again. Here are the names we really like (in no particular order):

Ivy (mn would be Violet...but it just doesn't feel 100% right)
Raina (mn??)
Myla (mn??)
Aria (can't use, but love)

Names we like but don't love:
Violet
Ariella
Evangeline

Guilty Pleasure Names:
Calliope
November
Nova
Aurelia
Persephone
Artemis

So my issue is that I keep seeing the same names on lists over and over and I just need some fresh ideas. I want to stay away from overly trendy names, popular names, and names with common nicknames. Which limits my list of possibilities down by a lot.

I'm about to give up, I swear! :wacko:

Surname is Stark.

THANK YOU!

Great taste in names, Aurelia is one that we have chosen and just seen you like Ivy too, that is the middle name to go with Aurelia (Hubby's great aunt name) :thumbup: or how about Viola instead of Violet?

I will dig out my name list as we probably like similar names...

How about Larissa Stark?

I was considering the name but when I suggested it to my dh 5 minutes ago he completely bashed it :(

We are going for Aurora Violet

PS) I love the name Persephone x

I love Aurelia! And I personally think Aurelia stark sounds like a superhero!! How about a slightly more common middle name if ur going for an unusual first? My first name is oonagh (very very uncommon here!) so my parents offset that with Louise for a middle name.

Nova Stark sounds awesome!

Another version of Auriela: Aurelie (quite a common French name)

You may also like:

Arielle
Viola

Don't be too afraid to use Nova. I think it's amazingly unique yet still sounds very much like a name and is beautiful!

Put the names you like into this website and it will generate names similar in style. I love it!

https://www.nymbler.com/

You guys don't think Aurelia or Nova are a little too strange? I love them, but am afraid that people might mispronounce Aurelia or laugh at Nova. I know I shouldn't care...but it's the name she'll have forever, right? They are gorgeous, though.

You guys don't think Aurelia or Nova are a little too strange? I love them, but am afraid that people might mispronounce Aurelia or laugh at Nova. I know I shouldn't care...but it's the name she'll have forever, right? They are gorgeous, though.

I can't find my list of names, there were names like Wren, Violet, Alora, Aurora, and we also have chosen Anais Rose for one of the girls to go with Aurelia Ivy.

Aurelia is not too out there, its very pretty :thumbup:

I also have a little girl called Briar Amelia :flower:

My choices out of your list are-
Nova
Myla
Ariella
Aurelia
Violet (or Viola)

I really do love Nova-and haven't really heard it before. I am sure she will just get compliments for it ;)

I brought up Nova to DH and he still really likes it too. We haven't talked about if for a while and I assumed he would think it was too weird. Now I'm all conflicted! haha! I think she won't have a name until after she's born.

We're now really looking at: Myla, Nova, Raina, and Ivy.

We like Aurelia, but feel it's too much since we like shorter names.

I love Nova!

Nova Stark. What an amazing name!

I wanted Artemis nn Temi but OH wasn't having any of it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back