Going Dairy free!

Urchinia

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I have recently made the decision to go dairy-free. I have suspected that I am somewhat lactose intolerant, since I was a teenager.

The problem has been getting progressively worse, and foods that hadn't normally bothered me have started to make me sick.

As much as I LOVE dairy, I know it's not good for even those who aren't lactose intolerant or allergic. It really contains little benefit. So that being said, I took the leap and cut dairy out completely. Even so far as avoiding foods that have dairy additives like whey, casein, etc. I'm treating it as a junk food. I will allow myself a little bit during Christmas dinner, or very special occasions, but that is it.

I purchased "Go Dairy Free" by Alisa Flemming and it has been a godsend (along with her website!). Honestly, it has not really been that difficult to do so far..and I thought it was going to be torture!

I am one week dairy-free. I am noticing my stomach feels much much better, I have more energy, my skin is clearing, and although it wasn't my intention, I have also lost weight! I have gone from 112.8lbs to 110.8lbs in just a week.

Have any of you gone dairy free? Want to share your stories? Recipes? Tips?

Hello. Good for you. I realised I had issues with dairy a long time ago, when I was 19 and you couldn't buy substitues. It was really difficult then but it's so easy now. I do occasionaly take some now but when I do I really feel it. Yesterday I was daft enough to have double cream on a scone having eaten some macaroni cheese that my sister made the day before - an only just getting over the nausea now! I don't really have any recipes to offer unfortunately, I'm a 'throw something together' kind of person.

Congrats! That is the best thing you could do for your health! I enjoyed dairy a lot and then went vegan. At the beginning of this pregnancy, after being vegan for a year, I craved and ate cheese for a couple of weeks. This thing is soooo heavy for the digestive system! And as I told you, I never had issues before. So imagine what it can do to someone who actually is lactose intolerant. Now I am back to vegan and very happy about it :)
There are tons of websites and dairy free recipes online that will make your life easy and delicious :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->