Going from pureed to lumpy - freezing

charlie07

Reaction score
I am going to, once all the ice cubes of food have been used up (and there is a lot!), start leaving the food a little lumpy or maybe mashed instead or blended. Now, at the moment, I blend the food, casseroles, veg, etc, freeze and then defrost and serve, great, handy, Gabbi loves it, but what do I do once I only mash???

Storing the food now is easy, in freezer bags and written on what it is, but what do I do about lumpy food? There would be no room in an ice cube tray, if I put it all one box it will all freeze together, any suggestions girls???

Thank you

Tommee tippee do the snack pots that have lids. They are great for freezing bigger portions so you won't have to compact it down like in the freezer trays. They have them in home bargains at the minute for 99p for 4! I got some last week and plan to use them for that. xx

Thanks for that. Think my dad is coming over in June/July so will put them on the list of things I need.

I have the Tommee Tippee pots too. (ready for when we need them!)

Can't get them here at all. Was going to have a look in town to see what is available but Gabbi has a cold so may have to go tomorrow

Yeah i use tommee tippee pots for jacks mashed food.

Do u have any small storage pots at all x

i freeze all mine down in icecube trays, i wouldnt have thought they took up much more space than freezer bags??xx

Ive been using ice cube trays that are massive. Any plastic pots with lids on im sure would be fine.

i freeze all mine down in icecube trays, i wouldnt have thought they took up much more space than freezer bags??xx

I freeze mine in ice cube trays now and then put them in freezer bags but I thought once the food is more lumpy, I won't actually be able to get quite as much in each cube, because of the lumps. The freezer we have is only small and freezer bags of Gabbi's food has taken over lol. Can't wait to move into the bigger house and get a proper fridge with large freezer! :)

I'm going to check out the market today. OH is coming with me, so he can give Gabbi some fresh air, she has a cold, no temp, so some fresh mountain air should make her feel better. I'll let you know what I find.

I have something similiar to what malpal posted.... They work great. I give Jas mashed stuff now and then no probs.

i use the tommee tippee pots too!!!

im a bit obsessed with all the different colours pmsl i open my freezer and its a sea of blue,pink,purple green and red.. all colour co-ordinated like my red meat meals are in the red ones,the fish in the blue ones, veggie ones in the green, chicken in purple and puddings in pinks ones. just so i can grab one and go without having to think too much.

ok im sad ill shut up now :rofl:

i was just thinking the other day, why not just give more than one cube? i always give katie 2 cubes!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->