going home after 56 days in nicu

mumtobethany

Reaction score
hi e1 just a quick up date on bethany born 27weeks plus 1
she was 1lb 11 oz
went to the hospital today docs told me she is ready to come home.yaaaaaa
only thing is im realy worried.any advise on bringing your premie home plzzz.
thankyou.xxxxoh yes she now weighes 3lb 8oz .xx

That is great! I don't have any advice since our 29-weeker will be in the NICU for a while, but just had to say "congratulations"!

Fantastic news. We were in NNU for 136 days, it felt amazing to finally get Anya home. I was quite tense for the first few days, checking on her every 2 mins, but once I relaxed, it was soooo good. I just treated Anya like I did any my other kids, we got out and about the day after we got home. She was on o2 but I soon got used to carting it about. One thing we did do was limit visitors. I just wanted to be alone with my hubby and kids and get used to everything, as much as others wanted to come down to visit in hordes, I kept it to 2 visitors a day. A lot took the huff, but it was for Anya's own good, so if they didnt like it, then tough. Enjoy having your little girl home. xx

Wow she's still so tiny! She must be very strong! As pp said avoid too many visitors and absolutely no-one with even a sniffle as your LO immune system needs time to mature. Congrats on taking your LO home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->