Going home on Oxygen??

bob2331

twin mummy
Reaction score
Hey,

Have been told that Harry will be going home on oxyge,just wondered if anyone has taken their little ones home on oxygen?

Also, did you asj or get or want saturation monitors?

Thanks in advanced xxx

Hi there. My daughter born at 24plus 1 came home on oxygen hun - it was plumbed into the house. Never found it a problem, and was just thrilled to be able to get her home.

She came home in the October on 0.1 and was fully weened off it by April the following year. They cut it down by one hour a day to start with and quickly increase time off each day until they are free of it. I never had a sats monitor, but hospital supply one to you each week when weening starts to do a full overnight check. If over night sats are ok, then the weening can continue.

This was all 6yrs ago, and our daughter is a happy healthy child absolutely full of life. Good luck to you hun, and get in touch if you need any support/advice x

Hi, Molly came home on oxygen too. She was born at 29+1, and was in hospital for 7 weeks. She was only on a very small amount of o2 - 0.03. The hospital lent us a sats monitor to use for weaning her off, but to be honest we didnt use it as much as I thought we would. She was only on oxygen at home for a bout 6 weeks, but it was not a problem at all for us either. As we thought it would be short term, we decided to have 1 long tube form the o2 machine rather than have it plumbed in, and we just kind of got used to it trailing round the house!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->