Going off Birth Control

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
I don't like being on birth control at all, especially because I'm on a million (okay, three) other medications and birth control just adds to the stress.

My OH doesn't like the idea of me going off of birth control. Is there any way I could convince him otherwise?

I just want to get off of it, let my cycles regulate again (which will probably take a while) and just use condoms. We're not trying for another four years, but I'm sick of the way the pill makes me feel (I've already been on three different kinds).

Can anyone help me with convincing my OH that going off of the pill is in my best interest?

I hate the pills too. I had to go back on them because my face broke out so badly and it was very painful-kinda freaked hubby out. But I would say to him that the pills make you cranky and stressed and you don't feel good being on them. You can let him know after you go off, you will be more horny (I know I sure was!) and want to do it more often.
I have a diaphragm and my hubby's complaint was that the pills allowed him to be spontaneous whereas with the diaphragm/condoms there was prep time involved, which most guys hate. But good luck-I know I felt more in tune with my body once I got off them!

Don’t take any pills !
It’s very dangerous to your baby !

I was fine on the pill, its coming off it that has given me hell, but I wouldn't go back on it now, despite how much easier it would be, I need to let my body take time out. :blush:

We are using condoms, although apparently OH has been poking holes in them :rofl:

There are many different types of things, have you considered an implant or a coil? You health advisor can obviously advise which is the best one. If it is the issue of putting things into your body that - naturally - shouldn't be there then you can always just use condoms, and well its tuff, he either gets sick of them or goes without. :haha: No glove no love!

Edit: If you need a scare tactic just say that when you finally try to concieve and get all excited about it, it can take AAAGES for your cycles to regulate, I have been off them for just shy of 9 months and I have yet to have a natural period (I have had all the tests done and all is normal). Just a waiting game now...

Totally understand, I had depression and all sorts from it. I was literally the most mentally unstable person, randomly shouting at people XD It was getting ridiculous lol. Also, I got pregnant on it so it didn't really serve it's purpose :p
If it's making you feel crap there's nothing he can do to stop you. I know that sounds really harsh and it should be a joint decision, but if it's making you feel that bad there's really no other way. I'd just say "I'm coming off it, if you want to not have another baby, put something on the end of it :rofl: Good luck xx

I totally understand where you are coming from, the pill made me so depressed and annoyingly enough I couldn't take my anti depressants as they didn't work with the pill, I would try and go with just condoms, we have been doing it for 3 years like this and you do get use to it :)

hey

my OH would have rather I stayed on the pill, but I didn't like the thought that i'd been on it 5 years, that amount of hormones sort of freaks me out. So I just explained to him why I didnt want to be on it any more, and he's been 100% supportive since. He wouldn't want me to go back on the pill now and he also knows it can take a while to get out of your system, and wants us to be prepared for when we TTC :)

You could try explaining exactly why you don't want to be taking it any more, and perhaps he'll be a bit more understanding? I think men worry about these sorts of changes because they're not really as clued up as we are.

all the best xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->