Going on holiday...

A

AppleBlossom

My parents are taking me and Grace to Florida at the end of July. When I first went we went in May and it was scorching hot so I can only imagine it's going to be even hotter in July/August. I'm not so worried about the 9.5 hour flight with Grace because she will be 1 by then and hopefully be able to amuse herself a lot more (and sleep!) but I was just wondering what you do with a baby in that heat when they aren't used to it. Obviously Disney involves a lot of walking around inthe sun so I'll be taking some sort of canopy for over her buggy. Do I let her go naked (apart from her nappy obv) or are a tshirt and shorts ok? And also what factor sun cream is ther highest? Sorry for the stupid questions, just don't want her ending up with sun burn or getting over heated as I imagine that won't make her a happy bunny!

hey, aww lucky you getting whisked away!

I think you'll just have to becareful with her delicate skin. They say to cover up don't they but that's easy said when it's scorching. I'd get the highest factor sunscreen or a block for her, i think anything 50+ is supposed to be best. Just becareful out at midday aswell keep in doors as best you can. I know it's easy said like, sounds good in practice but when ur on holiday you don't wanna be indoors 11am-4pm! hope you both have a fab time hunny x

I think it's better to cover her up than strip her down hun, and keep her well hydrated. She should be fine x

Little slip on dress , shorts and top. Keep her hydrated and make sure she wears a hat :)

We were in Australia and it was scorching but Carly was always in clothes as the sun wouldnt be directly at there bodies if they were naked. And pile on the sunscreen ;)

Ok, I did think keeping some light clothes on would be better. Lots of sunscreen, a hat and some cool clothes. Got it. And lots of water/juice. I think she may be terrified by Mickey Mouse though

Since I live in the US and have been to Florida many times, I know it can get hot there! I would get a lot of adorable summer dresses! They are very loose in the hot weather and of course, they are adorable! Also, like someone else said, get a cute beach hat! This will keep the sun out of her eyes and cool her head. Put some sunscreen on her of course and I'd use anything above spf 30. And yes, carry a water/juice bottle around with you everywhere for her! And you! :)

Yep little cotton dresses are best and plenty of them :D excuse for shopping :yipee: I'd get a few little sun hats as they get really yucky with all the suncream :)

Have a great time hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"