Going to a formal event... suggestions for bf-friendly attire?

Itsychik

Reaction score
I will be attending a formal event this weekend and am EBF my 7-week old. DH and I were discussing what to wear yesterday and it had not occurred to me at all that I need something I can discreetly breast feed in.

Does anyone have any suggestions of something somewhat formal (like something you'd wear to a wedding) that would be easy to bf in?? What type of outfit would you consider appropriate for a formal occasion?

Thanks!

I have a few jojo maman bebe dresses and tops. You can wear them during the day or dress them up and they are nursing dresses. I have the following in the blue that I dressed up with cream shoes, a thick pearl neckless, bracelet and matching bag x
https://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+maternity-nursing-wrap-dresses-in-maternity-dresses+b4306?gclid=CLWz1IHS-b0CFaoewwodtkUAHw

Wrap style dresses work really well. You dont have to buy nursing dresses then and they are half the price.

oasis do several v neck style dresses that are a deep v but with an extra press stud for modesty. Like this one https://www.oasis-stores.com/silk-japanese-bird-dess/dresses/oasis/fcp-product/5550079658 Wear one with a cardigan then you can button up the cardigan when you need to feed and pull the dress down. It also works with a halter dress.

I was actually in a wedding while breastfeeding. Luckily, the dress I wore was a wrap style and it worked to take my LO into an office and I could pull the front down and she could nurse quite easily. I hope you find something you like!

I went to a wedding on Wednesday, and I wore a slightly stretchy, deep v-neck dress from bon marché! I had a nursing top from h&m underneath, and moving the dress aside and then manipulating the top to get at my boob worked really well! I wanted to try things on, so I tried a good few high street stores. I've never shopped at bon marché before, but they actually had a few BFing friendly clothes, and they're really not expensive! Not sure if you have that chain over there, but it's just an option to consider if you do :) hope you find something you like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->