going to a nail salon while pregnant?

rhii

Reaction score
Do any of you know if it's safe to be in a salon around all of the chemicals and stuff while pregnant? I graduate college in a week and was thinking of getting a manicure for the first time in a long time sometime this week. am I being overly paranoid? Any ideas? Secret confession I stopped doing my nails at the beginning of this pregnancy because I was so OCD about not being around any chemicals including remover LOL sounds so stupid now :/ I'm still worried about stuff like that though ... clearly my nails need some help right now

I know a couple of Ladies that are nail technicians and worked throughout pregnancy without any problems. They were just advised to wear masks as they are around it constantly. Getting nails done every now and again though is fine.

I stopped getting mine done because the smell makes me sick, but I got them done about two weeks ago for my wedding. I went to a place at the mall that I had never been to before, and asked to sit near the door, since the "door" is the huge opening of the shop. I didn't get sick and the concentration of the chemicals in the air was much lower.

I get shellac nails every 3 weeks and my doctor said it was okay to continue going while pregnant. It is best to go when it's not as busy or to sit by a door for ventilation.

I went last week to a hair/nail salon and entered the place, and almost INSTANTLY felt light headed/dizzy. After 30mins of getting my split ends lobbed off, I was ready to vomit.

The smell of chemicals was OVERWHELMING. I haven't noticed anything since, side effect wise, but god, I'll avoid salons at all costs...

Yep, I usually go every 3 weeks to get mine done.

I am 21+weeks and I have gone for a pedicure&SNS mani every 3 weeks since I found out! Ive had no problems

This may be an old post, but it's good knowledge! I'm getting maternity pictures done in a few weeks and want to get a mani/pedi beforehand. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hollie200
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->