Good article re overlooked cause of bedwetting

erikab922

Reaction score
Hi ladies, read this article today and while it doesn't apply to me yet, maybe someone here may find it very helpful:

https://www.slate.com/articles/life...imple_cause_your_doctor_probably_missed_.html

Kudos for the post!!! I too had bladder issues till I was a bigger kid- not due to this same issue, but I had a reflux valve that didn't work right (so it was practically impossible for me to hold it)- as physically, I couldn't once my bladder got full... I even had to take a note to school to tell my teacher when I needed to go, I NEEDED to go... That wasn't embarrassing! lol.

After extensive tests... thinking I had this allergy or that allergy, blood work, Xrays, and lots of traumatic things for a 7yr old to go through... they found the issue and with a quick "procedure" at the hospital, it was FIXED!!!!

Sometimes, there are physical things that cause kids to wet the bed... and shouldn't be overlooked!!! I hope lots of parents read this article and think twice if their kids have any bladder issues :thumbup:

Thank you for posting this! My son is almost 6 and still wets the bed on a regular basis! I was going along with the theory that he will grow out of it! Now I have something else to think about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->