Good bedtime snack for toddler?

Wugz22

Reaction score
My 1 year old has been refusing his bedtime bottle for the last couple weeks. He's been waking up earlier than usual, hungry. What's a good snack that's healthy and keeps them full through the night?

Crackers and cheese, sometimes with apple. I read somewhere apple has sleep inducing properties!! X

Porridge, banana or oatcakes with nut butter.

What is his food/milk intake like during the day? Is there any chance he's just filling up on milk during the day and not being hungry at bedtime, or that dinner is too soon before bed? I think the bedtime milk is usually the last to go for most, so could just be a weird phase.

That said, if he's happy to have a snack instead, something with a good mix of carbs and protein is probably best.

Have you tried ready break or weetabix with warm milk?

My daughter of 7 months haa bottle at 430 then dinner. Bed at 630ish. Hoping bottle says here as bedtime bottle is hardest to drop. Once she needing more food I will follow other advice here with a banana or porridge.

I tried porridge, didn't work. Bananas make Alani hyper, so that's out of the question (She will stay up until 10/11 at night even if she woke up at 7 that morning)
Rusks are her snack before bed right now. She looks at me as if she's saying "where's my biscuit?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->