Good books & movies for 6+ yrs

OmarsMum

Reaction score
Not for him to read, I'm looking for longish stories for me to read for him at bedtime. We have too many reading books he can read, but I want something I can read for him. He likes the idea of learning new vocabulary and looking for the meaning in the dictionary, yesterday he gave me a book he borrowed from our housekeeper, it is suitable for teenagers but the words and the content are not suitable for a 5-6 yrs old.

I'm also looking for good movies with "real people" not animated. We watched into the woods , Cinderella, Enchanted, and many others. He prefers those other animated movies

What about the chronicles of narnia? Paige loves the movies, and they have the books too (I have never read them so cant comment on them)

Joshua is currently reading the Harry Potter series. He's also seen a few of the movies. He got into HP last year when we visited Alnwick Castle (where Hogwarts is filmed.)

I second the Narnia stories, also Peter Pan, 5 children and it, the secret garden

Books I'm reading to M the enchanted wood series and Roald Dahl's collection

I second Harry Potter and the chronicals of narnia. Also, perhaps a series of unfortunate events. When I was younger I used to love the Sophie books by dick-king-smith :)

The 'How to Train Your Dragon' series is fab. The books aren't the same as the films really and there is a series of 12 of them (the last one will be in the shops in September and my Ds is bursting to get to it). We like the film too although they are animated so not really what you want.
Terry Pratchett wrote a lot of good books aimed at children too - that's what I'm moving onto next with DS. There are quite a few that go along side his 'Disc World' series but he also did a lot of others - Johnny and the Bomb, Johnny and the Dead + others, which are enjoyable to read as an adult as well as good to listen to.

I love the 5 minute stories from Disney too. They have so many and they are a good bedtime length :) I love Narnia and Peter Pan too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->