Good chance of getting a BFP?

MaybeBaby1013

Reaction score
I'm 5 days late. I've spotted on and off dark brown blood on maybe 3 of those days. I haven't taken an HPT because I didn't want to be disappointed by a BFN. But this morning I was reading about using OPKs as HPTs and there seems to be some proof that a positive OPK can mean you'll get your BFP. This was my OPK this morning. It is never this dark unless I'm about to ovulate (and I'm obviously not right now).

https://i42.tinypic.com/2nsuznm.jpg

I'm picking up a HPT later. Should I wait until tomorrow morning for FMU or can I just hold it for a few hours and take it tonight?

Oh, I forgot to add that I only held me pee for 2.5 hours for the OPK. I think it would have been positive if I had been able to hold it longer.

I wouldn't be able to wait till the morning to find out!!

Seriously you should do a test!! I had dark brown spotting around the time of AF and got my BFP with my dd. TEST TEST TEST TEST!

Good luck!! X

OMG TEST TEST TEST!!! im so curious, please keep us updated!!! fingers crossed for you!!

Thanks, everyone! I'm waiting for Will to get off of work later, he's going to pick up a FRER for me. I'm still scared its going to be a big fat negative.

I reckon it will so be a positive!!! Keep us updated. I will never forget seeing those two beautiful little pink lines and screaming the house down!!! Fingers crossed and lots of luck to you XX

Good luck hun! Can't wait to hear some news xxx

Good Luck! How exciting, sounds like a BFP is just around the corner! Keep us posted!

Opks can detect pregnancy but not til a hpt would be blaring positive. Also it's normal to get pos opks just b4 AF.
I think I recall reading u have pcos too?! With pcos our body is constantly trying to ov but can't so opks aren't reliable as our LH is constantly high.

I do or did have PCOS. I never had problems with my period or my follicles until I gained extra weight (I've always been heavy but I gained 40 pounds over my normal weight) and went on antidepressants, seizure meds, and high dose steroids for chronic migraine. When I lost the extra weight and went off the meds my period came back. I'd like to think that I've 'fixed' what was causing the PCOS. Oh, and I've never had an OPK that dark unless it was near my ovulation or I had held my pee for an abnormally long time. So it was surprising to see a test that dark.

Oh well, I learned not to use OPKs after ovulation now!

:/ hope AF starts properly for you so you can move onto next cycle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->