Good holidays in May?

Pearls18

Reaction score
For a couple? Struggling to find somewhere for hubby and I to go on honeymoon (finally), just seem Aidan's Mummy mention Mexico so I'm looking into that as it sounds lovely, but I would ideally only like to go for a week so I'm worried too much time would be wasted travelling but would go 10 days if needed.

Santorini
Sensatori Hotel (Thompson - Various locations)

If i only had a week i'd get a villa somewhere in the med - italy, a greek island or possibly barcelona? Turkey would probably be cheaper? I wouldn't want to go long haul unless i had at least 10 days.
The mediterranean will be nice, warming up but not roasting, and out of school holidays it'll be quiet.

Oh, or have you thought about africa? You could do a safari or a beach holiday. We considered the gambia for our honeymoon but went to vienna in the end.

Sensatori looks stunning Lindsey have you been? Villa is a good idea too, I think hubby would love to hire a car so we could go exploring, I would love a resort but we like to get out and about too.

We're toying with going somewhere exotic and further afield but on more of a budget or splashing out on a 5* holiday somewhere nearer to home in Europe. Basically I would like to keep the costs to less than £1000pp which if we manage to go in term time I think would be possible from deals I've looked at (obviously not including spending money etc). We're going to have to book really last minute which is frustrating :(

Unfortunately I haven't but my best friend got married in the Crete one. They absolutely adored it & have been back twice since.

We are going to Croatia (Slano) in less than 3 weeks. It has been highly recommended by friends for climate, scenery & culture. We are planning on a day trip to Dubrovnik (Kings Landing if you watch Game of Thrones) & island cruise.

Lindos in Rhodes is beautiful. We went for a wedding. We hired a car & drove around Rhodes which was fabulous.

ETA: Have you considered Austria? My parents go every year in May (Seefeld) & love it. Lots of things to do, hiking, trips to Italy. They are very picky on where they go & they love it. We are thinking of going next year.

Somewhere around North Africa? Like Cape Verde, Morocco, Tunisia, or Egypt? Hot weather in May, amazing cuisine, only three hours or so away from home and depending on where you go, lots of historical sites to explore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->