good lord the baby reeks !

sugarpuff

Reaction score
we're off to italy tomorrow (please no more ash clouds !!!) and the nice electricity people decided to cut a cable and eliminate our house from the realms of power for the entire day yesterday and it'll be going again shortly - which meant that i've been manically washing nappies overnight, so poor little audrey has been shoved in disposables as i've packed all her nice nappies

and she stinks !!!!!! seriously, how do people put up with disposable nappies on a regular basis ? i keep gipping everytime i go near her and i've been changing her hourly as i can't stand it :cry:

bring on italy wooooooooo !! :happydance:

wss^^

I never realised how much disposables smelled either :sick: Hope they sort your elec soon and you have a fab time in italy x

I find they smell very chemically. Although I also find that cloth diapers actually mask the smell of poop. If Claire is in a disposable, I can smell her poop from across the room. In the cloth, I have to actually do the "nose to the bum" sniff test as my kiddo is perfectly content to sit in her own filth all day. :haha:

Funny how that is! Before I had a kid I would've assumed it was the other way around!

Last time Molly was in disposables (a good 10 weeks ago when she had an off stomach) OH commented how badly they smelled and how terribly they contain leaks. That said Molly's poops are minging as it is sometimes! Very vinegary (teething methinks).

I haaaaaaaate the smell of wee filled disposies! Pukearama!! I always assumed real nappies would stink more and still feel sceptical when people say they don't... buuuut I can't wait to be proved wrong!

(And on another note, I HATE that squishy gelly like feeling that happens in a Pampers nappy- it doesn't in Huggies- what IS that crap?!)

I haaaaaaaate the smell of wee filled disposies! Pukearama!! I always assumed real nappies would stink more and still feel sceptical when people say they don't... buuuut I can't wait to be proved wrong!

(And on another note, I HATE that squishy gelly like feeling that happens in a Pampers nappy- it doesn't in Huggies- what IS that crap?!)

Chemical reaction! :thumbup: Or at least, I've always assumed. :winkwink:

I was thinking of getting some to try and help clear up Imis chicken pox but thought better of it and have had her clothes free all day :D

yep, as we're not full time day/night in cloth yet P still wears sposies of a night and his first morning nappy from about 7-9am before we get up for the day. They absolutely stink once he's wee'd, the cloths i need to take note of the time i change him so i don't forget and leave it to long as i just can't smell it.

I am not surprised, we got some disposable nappies to use while I am in hospital after my c-section and DH wanted to open 2 out of the 3 packs we got (we got 3 brands) and we was shocked at how thin and rubbish looking they were. Me and DH knew we wanted to use cloth and can think of lots of positives and no negatives for using them (admittedly we have not started yet) but now I have seen how funny disposables seem I have no idea why anyone would want to use them! I am not sure what I expected them to be like but it was not that.

Chemical reaction! :thumbup: Or at least, I've always assumed. :winkwink:

I read an article about it a little while ago, they're some form of absorbant crystal gel but farmers use it in the fields apparently for something or other!

:saywhat: What on earth do they use it in the fields for?

Wonder if its the same type of crystal that you can buy for kitty litter? Its clear and it absorbs the urine so it goes dry.

right this is probably the least controversial article i can find on the crystals;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_polyacrylate

the crystals they use is disposable nappies has actually been BANNED in the use of tampons because of it's link to toxic shock syndrome ...............

OH hates it when I have to stick Liv in a sposie.....hes always like "does she need changing AGAIN...she smells of wee"

And the smell of them in a bin once you have done with them :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->