Good News and Bad News

WackyMumof2

Reaction score
Bad news is I'm on a 4-5 hour trip down to see a family member in the last stages of renal failure. We've begged her to consider dialysis for 6 months if tests prove I'm a good match for a kidney but she won't let me. :cry: She told hubby off for even suggesting it even though it was my idea. She's only 50, I love her to bits, she's one of the few who understand how I feel about my MIL (she's MIL's best friend and like a second Mum to hubby) and I am not coping with the idea of loosing her. :cry: I have only been part of hubby's family for 11 years but I'm so close to her that accepting her wanting to go is hard. :cry: Obstetrician isn't too keen on the trip but he said given it's an emergency, he will allow it on the provision that I make sure my hospital bag is pack and ready to go, I have Sebastian's seat ready, we take a cellphone and we stay on the main highway in the event that I do go into labour and emergency services need to get to us. I've got to head back down that way in about a month to drop the cat off to her new home so we are praying for a miracle that she will still be with us so she can meet baby. Prognosis for end stage renal failure is 1-7 weeks so we are hoping against all odds that she's one of the few that make it that far.

On the other side is the fact that if I manage to make it home without a baby, he wants to induce me at 38 weeks rather than risking me going past even though my history is unlikely. So another ultrasound at 38 weeks if I make it that far. Baby has jumped from the 55th percentile in weight to the 65th and although it's nothing to worry about, my sugars are unstable at the moment and he doesn't want to risk a macrosomia baby. I wouldn't normally agree to it as I like baby's Birthday to be a surprise but he's not looking at a section or drugs and wants to do a sweep first to see if that starts anything. I'm just so sore, exhausted and the humidity of this Summer is just starting to take it's toll on me so I'm ready to get this baby out of me. So if I don't go into labour on this road trip or shortly after we get home, it's looking like with a bit of luck, I will have a baby in the next 10 days! So ready for this!! :happydance:

So sorry to hear about your family member wacky:hugs: that's great though about baby, not long now!

I'm so sorry about your family member. That's such sad news :hugs:

Not long until baby is here! <3

Thank you ladies. <3

So it's looking like a sweep next week. That works in nicely because it means we can plan another trip down in about 4 weeks so she will be able to meet baby. But the 10 hour trip (5 hours there, 5 hours back) didn't make me feel very good at all and I've had a lot of discomfort, tightenings and diarrhea so hopefully things might start on their own in the next 48 hours.

Ahh wacky sounds like the trip took it out of you! Rest as much as you can and plenty to drink, take it easy for a few days x

Ahh wacky sounds like the trip took it out of you! Rest as much as you can and plenty to drink, take it easy for a few days x

I was exhausted! And the trip hurt too. Resting up now, hoping I DON'T go into labour before Wednesday as much as I would like to. Hubby's phone shit itself so it's into the Tech Shop on Monday morning for it to be unlocked and reset. DS2 smashed my camera so we need hubby's phone otherwise there will be no photos. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->