Good songs to birth to

monster91

Reaction score
I will be having a home birth this time around :happydance: and have been wondering about good tracks to play during labor.

any suggestions?

Steven halpern- comfort zone album

Just chilled out instrumentals which are normally the backing music to hypnobirthing cd's
X

Not to everybody's taste, I know, but I swear by Motorhead - a hard-working rhythm with a driving beat you can grunt along to.

You might be surprised to find that music isn't helpful. Not to say that will be the case, but it could be.

Edit: Oh wait, you're an experienced mom, so maybe you do know that it would be helpful for you! I know it would have annoyed me.

@ sarabear, i just really do not know because my first baby I did not have a natural, so i have no idea how music would be during a natural birth.

Super dramatic opera movie music :happydance: I'm gonna try it lol!

I had Bob Marley going for my home birth...there were some others thrown in there. Mostly songs I'd been listening to throughout the pregnancy. Chill stuff though.

I had chosen Queen- Don't stop me now for the actual birth with dd. It just felt right for some reason, this time I've not chosen anything because music hasn't been a huge part of my pregnancy. If Amy music does go on it'll probably be christmas stuff lol

I had chosen Queen- Don't stop me now for the actual birth with dd. It just felt right for some reason, this time I've not chosen anything because music hasn't been a huge part of my pregnancy. If Amy music does go on it'll probably be christmas stuff lol

This cracks me up! "I'm havin' such a good tiiiimme!"

I never got a chance to put music on while I was in labor with my son, but I'd made two different playlists on my ipod - one with upbeat music (very similar to the mix I listen to while running now), and one with calmer, more soothing music so that I could decide which mood I felt I needed more. With any luck I'll get a chance to put them on this time... I spent a long time on those playlists!!

Classical music isn't for everyone but I bought the album '100 Best Relaxing Classics' and it was perfect. Soothing and beautiful and no distracting lyrics.

My midwife commented after I delivered that it was the first time she'd delivered a baby to the sound of the Lakmé Duet!

i listened to my fave playlist with old music, indie and rock and it really cheered me up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->