Good train set?

LoveMyBaby786

Reaction score
My ds has had an interest in trains for a while. I would really like to get him some sort of train set that preferably has a motorised vehicle for the track.

The first one I've seen is the happyland country traib set feom mother care in the sale £20. Would that be too baby-ish for him?

I dont want anything with little tiny pieces as he will end up loosing then so prefer bigger pieces.

Any help wouls be appreciated please!

Oh also not looking to spend a lot, preferably £30 max if that is possible??

We have the wooden Elc set which is good but doesn't come with a motorised train. We also have the happyland set but with lots of extra track and an extra train. My ds enjoys it but I think he'd be bored with the standard track etc

I would go for a wooden train set with a battery train, they are so easy to add to and can grow with the child's interests. I got our initial set as a huge box load second hand from eBay for £20 so that might be worth looking in to. Wooden railway lasts really well so can look very new even second hand. You can then just add the accessories that your child will find the most fun.

My lg is train obsessed! My mum has the happyland train set at her house and lo plays with it when we visit, but you can't really do much with it and it doesn't hold her interest for very long.

We have a huge wooden railway with normal push around thomas engines and the motorised engines. Lo loves this set and plays with it almost daily. I don't think the motorised wooden engines work that well really. Ours are forever getting stuck and needing a push.

We've bought lo some thomas trackmaster sets for christmas, so haven't tried them out yet, but she keeps asking for them, so hoping she'll like them.

I would go for something from bigjigs and get a motorised train. Great prices on Gullivers toys I ordered a few bits recently.

The happyland train set is great and no I wouldn't say babyish. My 4yr old loves it. We bought the extension pack though as the track isn't very big (but is a great size with the extra pack which is about £12 I think). The train is motorised and makes different sounds too.

Thanks everyone! Will have a look at the ones mentioned snd see what looks best :)

IKEA do a good wooden train set that you can buy extra bits and add bridges and tunnels and things. It's not a motorised train but my LO prefers pushing it himself anyway. First set was £8 I think then suspension bridge was £8 then a set with a tunnel and branch lines was £5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->