Got a bfp sooner than expected. scared!

Barnesmaries

Mum of 2
Reaction score
I already have a LO who just recently turned 1. it took us 13 months and a mc before I concieved with her!
Recently we have spoke about baby #2 and decided to go towards NTNP so if it happened it happened. I was obviously going by first time round and thought it would be a while before I got pregnant again. Not the case.. we had sex once and now im pregnant!
Im shocked, scared I wont be able to cope.. my LO will be 21months or so when baby #2 is born! I dont know if this is a good age gap or how my LO now will be then!
People make it sound so hard having 2 children too which im sure it is.. but i dont know, i guess im scared I wont cope.

anyone any advice/reassurance? :(

Congratulations on your news! Im also NTNP but hoping it wont happen for a while! I believe everything happens for a reason!
I know its a bit of a shock, but some people like their children to grow up together with smaller age gaps and say it can help the children bond :)
Good luck xx

My boys are 21 months apart in age and I love it! They are seriously so close, have all the same friends and always ask to have sleepovers in eachothers rooms. Naturally there were times when they were little that seemed tougher then now, but in the long run, never would I do it any differently.

Congrats- that is the exact age difference between my girls, who are 2 and nearly 3 months. It is busy but i love it! We are already ntnp again (doubt it will happen soon, bc i ebf). You may be surprised how much your 13 month old will mature in the next few months, which will make everyrhing easier. I promise you shouldnt worry!

Oh, and you have other questions, worries, etc please message me! I am loving having two kids with this age gap so imay be of help, since i am going through it just one year ahead!

My brother and I are 18 months apart. We are the best friends in the whole world. I love him so much and he is my built in "secret twin" (the secret is...we're not twins). We have a secret language and a million inside jokes.

Think of it this way, you might struggle for a couple of years, but you're giving your kid a lifelong friend. I can tell you first hand, it is 100% worth it.

Congratulations!!!!

Congratulations! I'm going that route as well. It must have been a huge shock! I'm hoping it happens easily for me as well, although I doubt it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->