Got injured :( should I be concerned?

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
I accidentally got socked in the stomach..... My sons friend pulled out a heavy kitchen chair to sit down and he accidentally slammed it right into my stomach, baby flipped out for a min right after it happened ..... This was about an hr or so ago..... Think he's ok in there? I don't know .... I feel so worried but am I over reacting ?

Call in to the hotline at your ob office and ask- never hurts to ask!!!

I burned my stomach reaallllyyy badly via some salt potatoes boiling on the stove when I was pregnant with my son. He was freaking out- it was probably a shock for him... Poor thing :(

Anyway I called in and apparently that kind of stuff happens a lot since we are so huge :p just call for some peace of mind!!

Whew ! Thanks for the piece of mind.... Ur right.... We are all so huge by now and I'm sure it happens to everyone at some point....ouch on the potatoes!!! I decided to make a giant bowl of ice cream and sure enoug he started kicking and squirming around .... As long as he moves regular ill feel better, if he doesn't move much ill def just get checked tomorrow .....

Update: haven't felt baby move yet today... Almost 10am... Lots of cramps and lower back pain, and I went to the bathroom (#2) when I stood up the room spun really fast and I couldn't feel my body and I fell into the counter, got really shaky After..... Called the dr. Waiting for dr to call back..... So nervous:( :( thought I'd vent on here til I know what to do.....

I'm sure you'll be fine, baby is really well protected in there! But it doesn't hurt to ask. I hope you get some reassurance soon.

It's normal to get the spins, hun. All that blood rushing around and what not. Try drinking something cold or (what's easiest for me) make a loud sound and see if baby moves. My LO I think is seriously afraid of every sound. She jumps every time something is too loud for her :p all I have to do is slam a cabinet door or something to make sure she's ok haha! I am sure baby is fine!! Try not to stress as it is no good!! Sit down and maybe drink some tea. Play with your boys... Just relax. I'm sure doctor will call back soon! Keep us updated!

Thanks ladies ...... The dr sent me to the hospital, I'm on a monitor, they told me I should have came straight in after the injury :/ I have been on for 20 Min now, keeping me for 4 hrs of monitoring ..... I forgot to mention I had light spotting this morning and I really didn't think much of it..... I hope he's ok, I'll hate myself God forbid any things wrong and I waited tool today.... Holy anxiety!! Good thing is we have a heartbeat! That's a relief. They won't even let me get up to use the bathroom right now.....

Ugh I'm so sorry :( everyone is differnt with this, though. With my last pregnancy I also fell (while going in to work. I'm a manager and have to put in a code to stop the alarm from going off) I fell and caught myself- belly just bumped the ground. I had some cramping (no spotting but I really don't spot easily) I called in and the dr laughed at how worried I was and told me not to. Don't feel bad!!! Earlier this pregnancy I had verrrry intense braxton hicks one night that I could time but I have had tons in both pregnancies so I just went to bed. They were fine in the am but I didnt feel baby as much as usual. So I called in and the nurse most literally yelled at me over the phone and chewed me out for not calling he night before. Don't let them get to you- a lot of times they let personal opinions get in the way of work. It'll be okie hun!!!

awww, how scary!!! I hate it when they scare u for no good reason too.... I feel like he's going to be just fine and this is all precaution.... Not sure if I'm just telli g myself that or in denial.... When I asked how his heart rate was she didn't respond, she said we need to wake him up and made me drink juice .....

Ugh- yea the problem is they are slammed with so many lawsuits all the time from dumb people that thy have to be soooo careful. Take a peek at the monitor and see what his heart rate is. I'm sure he's fine!! Every dr seems to be sooooo different these days with how they approach things- it can be hurtful and confusing <\3

I'm sure your boy will be fine. I've bumped my stomach a few times and had some time without movement causing me to assume the worst. You heard a heartbeat on their monitor, that right there should be an indicator that he is fine, otherwise, if heartbeat was sounding irregular they would have a whole team in the room with you. I don't want to give you false hope, but if something were really wrong, they would have picked up on it quickly.

Good Luck!!!! :hugs:

They said he wasn't being responding appropriately and they didnt see any excells, only decels....But , After turning me many positions, squish squashing my stomach to get baby to move, did an ultrasound .... Finally said he seemed to be ok .... What a scare.... In the meantime I had 5 contractions while there.... Said I could be in early labor, but they had no beds and kicked me out, told me to come back if get stronger or closer..... So apparently I might be in labor!

Well I'm glad he's ok and the early labour would explain the spotting!!

Thanks for all the reassurance, u ladies were right and helped me stay sane while going through a scary time!!

Glad to hear things are looking okay.
How many weeks are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back