got my first appointment ....

littlepeps

Reaction score
I am 35 and Ive been referred by my GP to the fertility clinic after tying to conceive for 18 months and I have now been diagnosed with PCOS ... my appointment is next month and Im scared and relieved all at the same time !! ...

I dont know what to expect ...... what has been your experiences ???

I am 35 and Ive been referred by my GP to the fertility clinic after tying to conceive for 18 months and I have now been diagnosed with PCOS ... my appointment is next month and Im scared and relieved all at the same time !! ...

I dont know what to expect ...... what has been your experiences ???

We were referred thru nhs in November, it took 3 month for first appt at nurse led clinic where we gave Life history, blood tests & I got an internal scan which was painless & very quick. I was given forms to get 2 more blood tests don't at my own docs & DH was given SA bottle & told to make appt. We both also gave urine samples. Once all blood tests, SA and urine tests were handed in we were finally allowed to make appt with consultant which is another 2 mOnth wait.

I don't know if that's a fair portrayal of what's normal, but thought I'd share anyway.

Good luck! X

ohh ... my appointment made no mention to bring OH ??!! ... should I bring him along with me ??

ohh ... my appointment made no mention to bring OH ??!! ... should I bring him along with me ??

Yep, they need his medical history & may need blood/urine tests himself too. I'd phone clinic to make sure x

I just went this month for the 1st time. We just did a history and started a bunch of tests. I did the clomid challenge this month and had bloodwork cd3&10, dh gave a sample to get tested. Then next month(hopefully I will have a lil peanut in my tummy and I wont need to go) they want to do bloodwork cd3 &22 and dh needs to repeat his sample- spermies were a lil low. Then we have to do an u/s where they inject saline into my cervix to see if tubes are clear- so expect lots of tests...and hopefully lots of answers!! Good luck! btw- I would bring DH!

just back from my appointment and I feel so disheartened ... I have PCOS which has made me over weight even though I am a very active person and dont stuff myself stupid with crap !!! I have been told to lose 2 stone or they wont treat me !!!!! .. they are very strict .. so I guess Im just going to have to stop eating !!!!! And the worst thing is my husband had his prostate remove due to a cancer scare and we are being told that IVF is the only option !!!!! .. when he had it removed he wasnt told to bank sperm !!!!! ... BLOODY NHS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->