got my home birth :-) first time mum

sezzolou

Reaction score
Our baby boy was born in the birth pool at home. Labour started with waters breaking at 6:45pm last night. Contractions were less than 5 mins apart straight away, after 2 hours or so they were 2 mins apart. Midwife came at around 10.30pm. Had one examination where I was 4cm. Got into pool, started throwing up and pain really intensified, kinda did some hypnobirthing techniques...def helped me concentrate on something other than pain. I didnt actively push at all, it was all involutary and midwife monitored and stood back. Caught baby myself and brought him to my chest at 12.55am. 6 hours 10 mins start to finish. Completely natural all stages :) so smitten with him

Wow! That's fabulous. Huge congrats to you!!!!!
I am hoping for a similar experience to you, got Everything crossed I get it! :)
Xx

Amazing!!! Congratulations.

Can't wait for mine!!

Congrats!!! I just read your other thread :)

Thanks all :)

Now I just need to get to grips with breast feeding. Aiden is so chilled out, takes a while to encourage him to latch and usually he falls to sleep after a few sucks. Its abit stressful. Ended up hand expressing a few teaspoons last night to feed him as he just wasnt interested in boob all day/night and I cant get him to latch since breasts became engorged...ouch!!!

Is he finding it hard to latch when you're engorged or just not interested just now? You will both get the hang of it soon, is there a mw or anyone coming out to help you?
Congratulations <3 you did an amazing amazing job x

Congratulations!!

Oh, and don't worry about the breastfeeding - my dd was exactly the same :) She got the hang of it though! Do you have bf buddies in your area? My mw put me in contact with mine!

Managed to finally get him latched 3 times today for half an hr a time :) its still hit a miss though, he usually roots, licks nipple then cries and turns his head away. Managed to get him latched by squueezing my boob lol. I have left a msg with star buddies to arrange for a session :)

Still expressing some incase but im unsure how many mls/ounces I should feed 4 day old. Managed to hand express only 1 and half ounce tonight.

I wouldn't worry about how much you express love, I had a great supply and bf both of I still could never express more than a few mls. If he's not feeding much and you get a let down or you're reall engorged I would do it then? I know they say not to as you're basically adding to the engorgement problem but I think at 4 days old he will start to feed a lot more soon. Also getting mastitis is not pleasant and for me I know that's what's going to happen - ouch.

He sounds like my first, it will come don't worry, you sound like you are doing all the right things. She struggled when I became engorged and didn't really know what to do and licked etc. I used to have to sqeeze my boob like you and be quite firm in a way with offering? If that makes any sense, I don't mean forcing but being confident? It's just inexperience, you sound much more together than I was. Once you both get the position right it will just click and you'll be away. I would definitely get someone out to help though, you won't need them long but it will give you confidence that you are doing it right. :flower:

Thanks for the advice :) I couldnt get him to latch just now (2am ish). Got the pot of expressed from earlier to spoon feed and promtly spilt it all over the floor lol. lucikly OH soothed Aiden while I expressed an ounce :) sleep time now I hope!!

YAY Congrats! Your homebirth experience sounds amazing! You should be proud! You'll get the hang of Breastfeeding...don't give up, they learn quickly what to do but it is just that, a learning process for both Mama and Babe. Soon enough he'll have you drained on both sides in no time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->