Got my nappies, now what?

A

aob1013

Hi girls,

Just recieved my nappies today .. but i have no clue what to do next!

I ordered two just to see what i think, and here is what i recieved:

1 fleecey outer thingy with poppers? Don't know what it is called :lol:

ETA: Does the whole thing go in the wash, outer thing and the inside thing!?

And inside there are two rectangular flannel type things? Don't know what they are called either :lol:

Seperately i purchased liners and some nappy sanitiser ..

So what goes where?! What do i do?!

:wacko:

Thank you!

if they are new you will want to prewash them

what make are they ..... just because different makes (and therefore fabrics) need different amounts of pre washing :)

It says to wash them a few times so they are in the wash now, just need to know what to do with them when they are about to go onto a baby!

Is there a "pocket" in the "fleecey outer bit"? If there is, you put the flannel bits (inserts) into that. Then you put the liner on top of the inner of the nappy (so it'll be next to Leni's skin).

Are these sized nappies, or "birth to potty?" Birth to potty ones will have 2 lots of poppers on the front of the nappy. One row goes round the top (for you to fasten the nappy, and the second row is on the front to adjust the rise of the nappy (ie how far it comes up). For Leni, I'd imagine you'd have it on the lowest rise. So you want to popper the 2nd lot of poppers so that the nappy almost folds in on itself.

Then... well, it goes on like a disposable, normally. You fasten the poppers so you can still get 2 fingers in, so you know it's not too tight. Check for any leg gape, which could cause the nappy to leak.

It would actually really help if you know what brand of nappies you have :shrug:

I am guessing the 2 rectangle things you are talking about are inserts .... is it a pocket nappy (where there is a pocket at back of nappy? if so put the insert(s) into there, if not then they must just lay in, then you want to put the liner inside the nappy (so it's what touches the baby's skin)

Can you take a pic or find out what make it is then it might be easier to figure out how it works as I'll know what your talking about lol

remember when washing, only just a tiny amount of washing powder and NO softener!

Is there a "pocket" in the "fleecey outer bit"? If there is, you put the flannel bits (inserts) into that. Then you put the liner on top of the inner of the nappy (so it'll be next to Leni's skin).

Are these sized nappies, or "birth to potty?" Birth to potty ones will have 2 lots of poppers on the front of the nappy. One row goes round the top (for you to fasten the nappy, and the second row is on the front to adjust the rise of the nappy (ie how far it comes up). For Leni, I'd imagine you'd have it on the lowest rise. So you want to popper the 2nd lot of poppers so that the nappy almost folds in on itself.

Then... well, it goes on like a disposable, normally. You fasten the poppers so you can still get 2 fingers in, so you know it's not too tight. Check for any leg gape, which could cause the nappy to leak.

It would actually really help if you know what brand of nappies you have :shrug:

Yeah sorry i forgot to say, i got some cheap ones off ebay just incase i don't agree with them! They are called Baba+Boo.

Ahh thank you Eala, i understand! Yes they have a pocket, and they are birth to potty.

So it's pretty simple, then?

How often do i change the nappy?! x

Every 3 hours ish, maybe a bit less to start with untill abosrbency is at its full.

Yah, with Ebay cheapies I found that 3 hours was the outside of how long they'd last :)

I dont really get on with rectangular inserts as i found them too fiddly.

If they dont work well you could always pop onto CNT and see if you can grab some preloved for cheap. They will already have been used so will be at full absorbancy and means you can try a few of the more better or expensive type nappies before buying new. Most people's stashes are made up of a good few preloved anyway.

Or you can borrow some from the ladies on here to try too.

The ebay ones dont work for everyone so dont let that put you off.

I tried these and gave up but started back full time cloth when A was 4 months :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->