Grapefruit seed extract and thrush!!

allforthegirl

Mom of 5 boys
Reaction score
So we have been battling with thrush and I think we are finally beating this silly thing. We were using gentian violet and the thick white patch was not going away, and the slits at the base of my nipples were not healing. Finally decided to give grapefruit seed extract a try, and with in the day I could see the difference with my splits. Also the slight pinkness I had on my nips went away. It is still on his tongue but it doesn't seem as far down as before. LO also tolerates me painting his mouth with it in comparison to the GV.

I just wanted to share this with you just in case you too are battling with thrush!!

Are you using the liquid form? Diluted or undiluted? Does it sting? I used to take liquid drops when doing a detox few yrs ago..it was quite bitter?

I had thrush with my first and took 2 or 3 different herbal supplements, think grapefruit was one. They were all little caplets. They all needed to be taken muLtiple times a day I'm surprised I didn't rattle when I walked! I also used gentian violet, that stuff is brilliant but it stains!!

I am using it in the liquid form and diluting it. I got all the info here on how to use it. I let baby suck on the q-tip and it doesn't seem to bitter to him. I am not taking it internally, I am only wiping it on my nips and areola.

Can you post the link with the info please?

Thanks. Did you go to gp to get diagnosed with thrush? Im not sure if my pain is due to thrush. Nipples are not particularly itchy ..they are sore and i have pain in my left breast after a feed...is that enough to know its thrush?

This isn't my first go at it with thrush, so I don't particularly need a Dr to tell me if it is or not, but with that said for me the signal was a split at the base on each nipple that was not healing. I have nerve pain with Raynauds (tricolour changing of the nipple, with crazy pain), which can be very similar with symptoms. I too was not ever itchy, but I was a bit pink in colour on each nipple, yet not shinny or pealing/flaking. Then my baby started to get a film on his tongue that just got thicker and thicker. Using GV or GSE is safe enough to use, so if by chance it isn't helping there was no harm done, as both are natural remedies. You should see immediate relief with in the day if it is thrush, but must keep going to make sure it is gone, or it will come back! Sucks really.

I just added some probiotics to Z, as his poo's are quite green, so I think his gut is now affected, poor guy :(

I was just looking in lo's mouth i notice she has a strip of white film on her in her cheek..couldnt tel if me tryin to wipe it to see if it was milk made it go away as she wouldnt open.her mouth again.
So you jus use the gse on ur nipples before and after every feed and swab sum into babies mouth? Diluted obviously

Yes and gv at night so I don't have to worry about night time feedings ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->