Graphic images! be aware. is this a miscarriage??

moonchildd

Reaction score
[IMG]https://i62.tinypic.com/2aafza8.jpg[/IMG]

https://i60.tinypic.com/f2o3ug.jpg

i was off of birth control for two months and recently went back on it. i got my period when expected but on the first day i had extreme cramps and i noticed this lump of tissue on my panty liner. At the time i also was wearing a tampon. could this be a miscarriage? let me know your opinions

Sweetie, the best thing to do would be to take a pregnancy test to check. Try a sensitive one like first response. If it is a miscarriage, you will probably still have some hormones left that will show up on a sensitive test. If it comes up positive you should really speak to a doctor before continuing with the pill.
Wishing you all the best...

What petiepas said. Maybe see your doctor too. I'm sorry you are having to go through this x

It's more likely to be a decidual cast, which is not a pregnancy-related thing, but can happen on birth control. When I first started taking Loestrin, many years ago, I had this exact same thing, it looked just like that. The cramps were horrific when it was coming out, I've never felt anything like it in my life. I have had it since, but not to the same extent, four or five more times, and I was never pregnant any of those times. Hormonal birth control just doesn't agree with me!

It's pretty unusual, but what happens is that the hormones in the birth control affect your endometrial lining so it doesn't break down in the normal way when you have your period, and it comes out in one go, just like in the picture.

However, you can put the tissue in some alcohol (clear spirits like vodka or gin will do, or isopropyl alcohol if you have any) and take it to your doctor, who will be able to arrange for it to be examined to see whether or not it is a miscarriage or a decidual cast. A sensitive pregnancy test, as PPs have said, may also pick up any remaining hCG if you were indeed pregnant.

I hope it is indeed a decidual cast, and that you don't have it again!

ETA: I work in a hospital pathology lab and examine miscarriage tissue and decidual casts on a regular basis, so I have that to go on as well as my own personal experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->