green poo.

Willo

Mum of 3 :D
Reaction score
My little guy is 10 weeks old is refluxy but gaining well so far. Since day one he has pooed a lot but most have been the usual yellowy seedy type. However the last few days they are a bit on the green side and a tad mucousy. Sorry.
Anyway I don't recall this happening with any of my others. He does not seem to be unwell, thoughh has been dribbling a lot so possibly teething. Nothing new in my diet either. He tends to be a one boob at a time boy but can feed quite frequently during the day. Also when he is latched and suckling he tends not to pause very often. My others would suck suck suck pause suck suck suck pause.
Any ideas? Is it just a phase or a sign something is wrong?

Usually a green mucus poo means baby is sick (possibly a cold) or teething. My pediatrician said it's only cause for concern if they are constantly like that or if no symptoms present.

It sounds like he is teething to me.. My daughter would nurse non stop when she teethed because it made her mouth feel better.

If they are/become frothy thats a fore-hind milk imbalance.

Thanks for that. Hopefully it is just teething then. He seems fine in himself.

It sounds like you just described exactly what has happened to my lo. I'm going to check with my hv tomorrow but he seems fine in himself

Could just be that he's had a bit more foremilk with it being warm. It'll correct itself, but make sure a side is drained before swapping :)

Well he has just fed now and lots of sucking but breast still feels full. He got his injections yesterday and has a bit of a temp this evening.

I asked my hv and she said its normal for bf babies poo to be different colours depending on what we eat.

I personally think mine was a milk imbalance due to my engorgement. Hoping it soon settles down

So at last he's poo seems to be its more usual colour again though still getting the odd greener one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->