green poop

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Hi my little boy has been having some green poos over the past couple of days. They are not all green but he is also going more than usual. Sometimes they are stringy and look like they have mucous in them. His bottom teeth are cutting through at the moment and he is very snotty. Could that be the cause of the nappies? He is nearly 6 months and EBF. Thanks in advance x

Hiya! My LO has had this several times, once for a couple of weeks. I've read many things about green poop, but I think the upshot is that sometimes it just happens. I have read that it can be when the baby is fighting a virus, so if he has a bit of a cold that might explain it. Teething causes all kinds of strange stuff to happen so that could be a link too. Unless he is actually ill I wouldn't worry too much. X

My LO always had green poo when getting/fighting a cold. I cant say medically why it happens , it is just something I noticed happened with my baby. The mucous in the stool is OK if it only happens when he has a cold. babies spend a lot of time on their backs and so swallow mucus rather than having it run out of their nose (and they can't blow their nose). Mucus is very hard to digest so goes through them quickly and comes out looking very much the same. This could be why he's going more often too.

My LO always had green poo when getting/fighting a cold. I cant say medically why it happens , it is just something I noticed happened with my baby. The mucous in the stool is OK if it only happens when he has a cold. babies spend a lot of time on their backs and so swallow mucus rather than having it run out of their nose (and they can't blow their nose). Mucus is very hard to digest so goes through them quickly and comes out looking very much the same. This could be why he's going more often too.

Thank you thats really helpful xx

Also, about green poops. Could mean that your baby is getting too much foremilk. I had this problem too and my midwife said to pump a bit before feeding so that the baby gets more of the nutritious milk and not just foremilk!

Also, about green poops. Could mean that your baby is getting too much foremilk. I had this problem too and my midwife said to pump a bit before feeding so that the baby gets more of the nutritious milk and not just foremilk!

This is usually only an issue in newborns when severe oversupply can fill their tiny tummy before they are full enough of fat. As OPs child is 6months and her supply will no doubt have regulated I really doubt it is anything to do with her milk.

All milk is nutritious and contains fat, it is just diluted in to a larger volume when there is over supply.

Midwives keep using the terms fore and hind milk but they often misunderstand, or miss communicate what is really happening in the breast. The guy who first coined the phrases recently held a seminar where he said he wished he had never used these terms as it has caused so many people to give inaccurate advice.

Sorry, missed he was 6 months! I was just going by what my midwife had told me. Thanks for the info

Sorry, missed he was 6 months! I was just going by what my midwife had told me. Thanks for the info

Sorry if my reply sounded snappy at all. I was in a right rush replying and really didn't proofread what I wrote:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->