Gripe water...could anyone please advise me?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
My LO is having his milk...constantly being sick an burping even after 3 hours after a feed...which means crying all the time!!!...andthe occasional choking!
I am becoming a nervouse wreck with my own baby...:(

Will gripe water help? Is it used to help the babys wind release? Or could anyone else advise me what to use?? x

How old is your LO? As gripe water can onlybe used from 1 month onwards, & it is supposed to dissolve the wind bubbles in the stomach. I'm not sure whether it would help with the sickness I'm sorry as Jack is never sick (too greedy :rofl:)

My LO is 6 weeks old...?

Will be fine to try it then, may help with the wind, as with all of these remedies it will depend on baby - Good luck!:happydance:

I use grip water for Noah when he is fussy or has hicups, and it works wonders, he loves the taste, so I just give it to him straight

yeah it will help with his wind i give it to my baby as my baby has colic so i use infacol aswell but i give him a tea spoon of gripe water in the morning as hes allways in bad pain with i then , my baby is also sick allllll the time so annoying means me and him have to keep changing are clothes lol xxx

sounds like reflux which my baby has...the winding is more difficult. I would get checked out by docs as they might prescribe an antacid. Baby Ryan gets infant gaviscon at each feed and he is sooooo much better.....
If it is reflux, then try rubbing the back while winding instead to patting - is much more comfortable for baby.

Thanks ladies...i hope it helps cos i so feel sorry for my LO and i get really tearful myself. Will have to get some...have already been to my GP and they didnt want to give him anythingas he is putting on weight nicely...but by not giving him anything it is making me a nervous wreck with my own baby incasehe chokes...hopefully this will help!
x

I feel your pain - been through exactly the same thing. It's more baby's discomfort than the weight issue. I do also give my bubba gripe water at night (only after he was old enough for it though) and he still gets infacol at each feed. He's not too bad, except when teething, so I only give him 1 dose of the Gavison per feed, but it has helped his wind buckets too.
Planning to start weaning him tomorrow as the doc said it would be ok and should also help the reflux.
Let us know how you get on.
All the best hun!
:hug:

if you've ever heard of baby massage classes - I'd highly recommend trying it, It might help settle your baby and if it is a colicky issue there are stokes to help with that :)

yes it does sound like reflux my baby also has this aswell as colic :hissy: xxx

Hi Tabitha has this as well caused by a flappy valve. She squeaks a lot and was given ranitidine and donperidone (spellings?) since birth as they are anti sickness meds and is still on them 3 times a day.
She *touch wood* has only been sick badly about 5 times since birth. She just gets the dribbly sick now.
She also has infacol religiously before every feed.
I saw a diff med in boots the other day for a tenner! colicaid or something in a yellow packet.
Anyone tried this?

Hi Tabitha has this as well caused by a flappy valve. She squeaks a lot and was given ranitidine and donperidone (spellings?) since birth as they are anti sickness meds and is still on them 3 times a day.
She *touch wood* has only been sick badly about 5 times since birth. She just gets the dribbly sick now.
She also has infacol religiously before every feed.
I saw a diff med in boots the other day for a tenner! colicaid or something in a yellow packet.
Anyone tried this?

it could be colief ? its suppose to be brill, i havnt used it though cos of the price ive tryed infacol and dentinox but didnt notice much difference between them apart from dentinox is more awkward to give cos of the bigger seringe and he didnt like the taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->