Grobags/Baby sleeping bags

WelshGirl

Mummy at last!!
Reaction score
We're going to try Olivia with one of these, as we've worked out that half the problem when putting her back down after her night feed is that cot is a bit cold. She also wakes herself up sometimes as she wriggles quite a lot & tends to kick her covers off, no matter how well you tuck them in, so a grobag seems an ideal solution. Has anyone else used them & had a good experience, or are they a waste of money?

A friend has given me a 2.5 tog one to try - Olivia's room is kept at 19 degrees, so what should she wear at night now? And will she need an additional blanket?

Thanks
xxx

I've got some of these but the ones I have say baby needs to be 10lbs so May is too small yet. Mothercare have a guide of what baby should wear at what temp....its in their brochure but prob online too. I think 2.5 tog is same as a sheet and 2 blankets so prob a sleepsuit only and no extra blankets. I cant wait to get May in hers...they are sooo cute x let me know how it goes

im not sure if i personally would use one this early.....have you tried swaddling her...that way she cant wriggle the covers off...also....i always put Maley's cot blanket on the radiator whilst im feeding/changing her and then put her back to bed and the blanket is all warm and cosy...

as for an extra blanket im not sure...maybe put her in the sleeping bag and check how hot or cold she is after a while of being asleep...

good luck!

im not sure if i personally would use one this early.....have you tried swaddling her...that way she cant wriggle the covers off...also....i always put Maley's cot blanket on the radiator whilst im feeding/changing her and then put her back to bed and the blanket is all warm and cosy...

as for an extra blanket im not sure...maybe put her in the sleeping bag and check how hot or cold she is after a while of being asleep...

good luck!

We did try swaddling, but she wriggles so much & is so strong that she manages to get her arms out within minutes!!!!

Thanks though - we try keeping her wrapped in her blanket whilst feeding her to keep her & the blanket warm, but it doesn't always work......

Oliver was in his this early. As long as their head isn't so small that they can wriggle into the bag, then they're ok. He loves his and I wou;dn't dream of putting him to bed without it now!
He has a shortsleeved body suit, a sleep suit and a 12.5 tog sleeping bag. His room is 19 degrees and he is very comfortable like that.

It really helped us! Especially when she was making a transition from moses basket to cot.She honestly sleeps better in it and loves it.

Oliver was in his this early. As long as their head isn't so small that they can wriggle into the bag, then they're ok. He loves his and I wou;dn't dream of putting him to bed without it now!
He has a shortsleeved body suit, a sleep suit and a 12.5 tog sleeping bag. His room is 19 degrees and he is very comfortable like that.
i think you mean 2.5 tog sleeping bag , jack 1st used his sleeping bag at 6 weeks & the 1st night i used one was the 1st night he slept through the night & he has ever since i just use sleeping bag no blankets . xx

Seth uses them, and it's one of the best things i ever bought. Why i didn't use them with my others i'll never know.

We use them for Fred and he sleeps very well so i think they are great!

i put him in a sleep suit, his growbag and a blanket and room is about 18 degrees on a night xx

we use them for thomas and there a god send puts my mind at rest knowin he wont pull over any blankets over his head as hes warm enough with just his vest sleepsuit sleeping bag and his cover io his moses baket :) he loves it too looks really cute in oit

i have just started using them. we have 2.5 tog which is equivalent to 2 blankets and a sheet. If you aren't sure or you think your lo is too small, you could take a hot water bottle to bed and put it in the cot when you take baby out for a feed. then remove it when putting her back in. I used to do this and it was nice and warm for lo to get back to bed warmily.the midwife advised me to do that and it worked for us x

I love Max's sleeping bags, he's a real wriggler and always kicked of the covers! Max was in one by 4 weeks and it gives me total piece of mind that he's snug. Max wears an all in one suit , a 2.5 grobag and a very thin sheet tucked in (to stop him ending up upside down in his cot!) If I feel its very chilly then I put a thin cotton cardi on him too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->