Groceries/Diet

itwife8912

Reaction score
I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow. That said I've had more issues gaining. I thought I ate fairly regularly, yet last appointment I'd lost 6 lbs. Right now it's my husband and myself. He's currently are only income. So my question what did you but for your pregnancy? We need money to stretch at times so shopping an choosing what I need to can be hard. Thanks

We are in exactly the same situation. I've found that as long as you're eating decently (We buy a lot of frozen veggies and steam them, and make sure that there is some protein in every meal), it seems to be fine. I lost a bunch up until 16 weeks, now I've been gaining around a pound a week. Some people don't gain at all.

I think it's normal to be losing weight at first. At least for me it is. I lost 5lbs in the first half of my first pregnancy and with this pregnancy I've lost 7lbs so far. Some people just gain later. I gain it all pretty fast closer to the end of second trip and all of third tri.

I guess it more bothered me at the doctor. I was thinking I had gained so when I lost I was surprised. Ended up with high bp that day (for now it has leveled out) and basically got scolded by my md. She was not exactly happy I lost the weight. I was still in my first trimester at the time. I've had issues with blood sugar as well, so carbs are my friend at times. Along with sugar. I don't know what it was she totally rubbed me the wrong way! Ha

We are in exactly the same situation. I've found that as long as you're eating decently (We buy a lot of frozen veggies and steam them, and make sure that there is some protein in every meal), it seems to be fine. I lost a bunch up until 16 weeks, now I've been gaining around a pound a week. Some people don't gain at all.

Yep! So far in my first trimester I lost around 14 lbs, I'm now approaching my 3rd tri and have continued to lose! I've lost almost 20lbs now and don't know that I'll gain at all.

That's silly that she scolded you. My Dr was never concerned with it with my first and isn't worried this time. Some women just lose weight. :shrug:

There are some great recipes online for cheap nutritous dinners. I usually find batch cooking works out well as i freeze the extra portions and you can you use what's on offer that week plus if ur not feeling upto it you can defrost and have homemadequate convience food. Beans and pulses are great for protein and fiber and good value. I used to feed myself well for a week on €35 so it can be done just alot of planning goes a long way. I wouldn't worry about the weight I'm 20 weeks and my weight is up and down every week so overall I'm down on my starting g weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->