growing too fast!

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
Chloe has just about outgrown her rear facing car seat already. I can't believe it! now need to traipse around and spend a fortune on a group 1 that I was banking on us not needing. Typical!

On top of that she's going into 6-9month clothes now but that was going to be what she got for christmas- more money we need to find to get her clothes!!!

Why can't she be small like me!!!:hissy:

aww hun why do they have to grow can jack borrow her height hes a short ass x

Caitlyn was growing so fast and now she has slowed RIGHT down. Only recently though. As for the carseat, Caitlyn fits in her rear facing bebe comfort creatis-fix but she doesn't fit in her other one anymore.

its actually annoying now, as the one she is in now you can carry her to and rom the car in, but with us having 2 cars having one that stays in the car is going to be really awkward, in fact I think we're going to need to swap cars as mine only has 3 doors and I'll never fit a bigger seat in it. Bloody hell!!

Aah bless her. My LO is 13 weeks now and he is getting really big which he must get from his dad who is 6ft 3. Im only little. Toby is also really long too so I find it hard now as I dont think he will fit in his 3-6 months clothes for very long. I had to turn his pram into a pushchair as he was getting too big for it lying down and used to get the hump. He He. I think we probably got another month or so in his carseat hopefully!!

regarding clothes hun, if you hunt round charity shops you can get some really nice clothes in their for children. most of the clothes that my two have got are from charity shops.

Regarding the car seat hun, if she can wait till january you might be able to get one in the sale save a bit of money for yourself. also they might not let you buy one cos of the age of you baby. some places can be strict about that hun, they wouldn't let me buy one for my eldest when she was over one cos of how small she was even though she could move her rear facing car seat down so it was dangerours for her being in their and her head was right at the top of the car seat.

If chloe legs are just hanging over the edge of the carseat that doesn't matter hun, it depends on the weight of the baby and her age. and if she is seating up

she is definitely too big for it!! we'll have to get a combination/group 1 seat that can be used rear or forward facing. Just praying she will fit in it until after christmas!

Sam's still in his rear facing one now at nearly 9 months! He hates it in the car now too and his legs are far too long for it - can't wait to get him in a forward facing one but will probably have to wait a few weeks still :(

What does she weigh now? x

Wow, Grace is teeny, she barely fits properly into 3-6 month clothes! But then I'm tiny so she probably takes after me

Caitlyn's problem with carseats is the fact she's so wide :rofl: She got that from mummy unfortunately :rofl:

Chloe weighs 17lbs 8oz now. Her problem is shes tall like her dad and wide like her mum. If she has her coat on the we have a fight to get the straps done up!!!

Wow she is getting a big girl isn't she. Going to be so tall! I think aslong as their head isn't over the top then it's safe x

its not quite yet but, like I say can barely do it up, and the harness is on the highest setting and is level with her shoulders, so she is nearly too big for it that way!!

its not quite yet but, like I say can barely do it up, and the harness is on the highest setting and is level with her shoulders, so she is nearly too big for it that way!!

Sam's still fine with the straps :laugh2: He's probably about 19lb now but just waaay too long for it. No idea why as OH and I are both quite short! x

Theo is also big - he now weighs 20.2lbs - and we we thinking about buying the next seat up as its quite tight and can't wear a coat in the seat. Thank God we didn't as I had quite a nasty car accident on friday night at 50mph when lots of cars skidded on some diesel spilt on the road. Thankfully Theo was fine - although kept in hospital overnight - all the medics were saying it was cos he was in the right place as his neck was so well protected as rear facing. I will be keeping him in this chair for as long as possible.

the next seats up can also be rear facing...until 29lbs I think if my memory is right. Glad Theo is ok x

That's what Kaya did - I had to put her in a forward facing seat at about 6 months as it was dangerous for her to stay in the rearward one just because she had outgrown it. We tried to get a combination one (reversible) but they don't do Isofix ones and we had already bought an Isofix seat that did from 9 months and they wouldn't let us return it so we couldn't afford to get another one. Luckily she had been sitting up for about two months so her neck was a bit stronger.

Even now I don't put her in the car with her coat on as it bulks the straps out too much. She wears a cardie in the car and a coat when out and about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->