Growth scan 26 weeks? Baby rather big?

Holmarie12

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I had a growth scan today 26 weeks.
Baby’s estimated weight is 2lb 2oz, which seems huge when I have read about other peoples baby weights at this gestation and averages!
However scan report says baby is only measuring 2 days ahead.

I’ll post the measurements and if anyone’s clued up or has scans to compare with I’d be highly grateful!

HC - 245mm
AC - 227mm
FL - 46mm

His femur was measuring behind slightly, head bang on for dates and his abdominal circumference seems to be what’s tipped his weight heavier!
She said to expect a 9lb baby at term.
My largest up to now was 7lb 15!!

I have more scans at 28,32 and 34 so we will see how he grows in comparison x

Towards the end scans can be out by a pound or more! It can be really frightening having someone tell you that your going to have this monster baby but if they was concerned they would have said as much. When I had dd4 I had a scan the day I had her told me 8lb5 she came out 7lb2!

Thank you!
I know I was just like eh 2lb 2oz already and the sonographer said he will gain 1/2 pound a week till birth so if he was born at 40 weeks he would gain another 7lb!! 9lb 2oz approx at birth :haha:

My last baby was estimated 6 and half pound at 37 weeks he was born at 39+1 weighing 6lb 12 xx

I had a growth scan at 24+5 weeks and baby was 1lb 8oz.
Growth scans can be out hon.
With my last pregnancy my baby was so say 7lbs at 33 weeks. Was told he was gonna be a very large baby..
Anyway he was only 7lbs 6oz.
Try not to worry.
I have my next growth scan with this one on 6th June and 28+5 weeks and I'm fully expecting that he has gone from 38th centile to 98th.

Also with my daughter she was so say 7lbs at 35 weeks. I had her 4 days later and she was a tiny 5lb 7oz .

On my 3rd baby at 26 weeks he was 2lb something and by 30 weeks he was 5lb! They were expecting a giant, he was only 8lb 12oz born, but now at 19 months he is exceptionally tall and off the chart for his length, so he did end up a big boy :haha:

Growth scans can be really off both ways. I was told my first was 7lbs - she was born 4 days later 9lbs 12oz I wouldn’t be overly concerned they aren’t accurate

I had 3 growth scans with my first as they kept thinking she was small but last scan at 36 weeks showed she was on target for average weight so I wouldn’t panic too much

even if my labour because my bump was tiny they said they might have to get the special care team as they think she’s going to be under 5lb and struggle to breath, she was born nearly 8lb and healthy

Just had another growth scan at 28+3 weeks and baby now on 68th centile and 3lbs.
Next growth scan at 32+3 weeks.
Have a 4D bonding scan booked for this Saturday at 30 weeks and think they do growth at that as well.

Really not gonna worry about growth scan measurements this time after being told with my last 2 babies they wud be really large and we're small.

It's normally the other way.
If ure being told baby will be big u end up having a small baby.

And many womon that get told there babies are gonna be really small end up having the 9 10lb ones.

I was actually told that by my midwife too.

Growth scans can be up to 2lbs out either way.
Did u have any more growth scans? How is ure fundal height measurements?
With my biggest who was 8lb 15 but born at 42 weeks I always measured 2 weeks extra.

But with all my others I measured dead on and they were all 7lb babies.
Dd wud of been 7lbs too but had to have her early at 35+4 weeks because of ICP and pre eclampsia.

Just had another growth scan at 28+3 weeks and baby now on 68th centile and 3lbs.
Next growth scan at 32+3 weeks.
Have a 4D bonding scan booked for this Saturday at 30 weeks and think they do growth at that as well.

Really not gonna worry about growth scan measurements this time after being told with my last 2 babies they wud be really large and we're small.

It's normally the other way.
If ure being told baby will be big u end up having a small baby.

And many womon that get told there babies are gonna be really small end up having the 9 10lb ones.

I was actually told that by my midwife too.

Growth scans can be up to 2lbs out either way.
Did u have any more growth scans? How is ure fundal height measurements?
With my biggest who was 8lb 15 but born at 42 weeks I always measured 2 weeks extra.

But with all my others I measured dead on and they were all 7lb babies.
Dd wud of been 7lbs too but had to have her early at 35+4 weeks because of ICP and pre eclampsia.

Hi hun!
Yeah I have been told to take it with a pinch of salt and that they can be so off, but if that’s the case then I don’t understand why they bother doing growth scans!!

I had one at 30 weeks which was a week ago and he was estimated 3lb 6oz, his head and femur measurements are spot on accurate but his ac measurement is over a week ahead!

My fundal height is smaller than meant to be as it was with my previous baby, I had my last baby 39+1 he was 5lb 12 and had stopped growing, although I do remember at 32 weeks they told me he was 4lb 6!

I have another growth scan on the 23rd of this month at almost 33 weeks and another scan at 35 weeks to check his kidneys as he’s got hydronephrosis so will see how his growth goes.

True what you’ve said though I’ve heard of a lot of woman being told to expect huge babies and they are only dinky. The lady next to me in hospital last week was 36 weeks booked for induction at 37 and her babies estimated weight was 9lb 8! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->