Growth scan!! Please respond, frightened!

Jessicahide

Reaction score
I had a growth scan yesterday and i thought baby was fine, after coming home and reading the report i am confused.

Her measurements plot like this...

FL 53.4mm (over 50th)
HC 247.9mm (under 50th)
AC 243.1mm (just over 50th)

EFW 1129.9g Just over 10th?!!!?!My scan was a 28 week scan, taken at 27 weeks and 6 days.... The sonographer made a not that she was JUST over 10th percentile... This has worried me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated i am so fretful , surely her weight should be matching her other measurements?! I am on clexaine to make sure my placenta is not failing so its very hard for me at the moment...

I went to ultrasounds every two weeks with my last. He said, depending on the way baby is laying, the measurements can be off. There was one time where i measured little amniotic fluid, next time i went in i had more than enough. Another time her one leg was measuring way smaller than the other. Next time it was fine. He had one girl scan me first(he was teaching her) and he got different measurements than her. So many factors that can give wrong measurements. Please don't panic. I know easier said than done. But if they are worried they will call you.

I went to ultrasounds every two weeks with my last. He said, depending on the way baby is laying, the measurements can be off. There was one time where i measured little amniotic fluid, next time i went in i had more than enough. Another time her one leg was measuring way smaller than the other. Next time it was fine. He had one girl scan me first(he was teaching her) and he got different measurements than her. So many factors that can give wrong measurements. Please don't panic. I know easier said than done. But if they are worried they will call you.

Thank you for getting back to me xxx she is breech her feet are over her poor head... i have googled and googled and it seems to say 1005g is average for 28 weeks? Even more confused now! I just really need to relax she is 2lbs 4 and has ages to go yet....

I honestly wouldn't worry! That seems like a healthy weight! She has a ways to go yet.

I remember looking up each measurement and working out percentiles as they didn't give me those. They were all over the place! N turned out just fine. Normal healthy boy, exceeding his milestones. I remember the sonographer telling me the weight was plus or minus 15% too. Don't worry hun. Everything will be just fine :hugs:

Is that weight on a standard growth chart or your own personalised one?

I had lots of growth scans with my recent baby due to previous PRE-E and mild IUGR. His measurements were always spot on on the average charts (50th) but low on my own personal one which they make on your bmi and height. He was estimated to be 7lbs at birth but he was born at 8lbs 2oz.

2lbs 4oz seems great at 28 weeks. My 1st was born at only 4lbs 6oz at 34+6. Like the other ladies have said try to relax, the important thing is baby is growing x

Is that weight on a standard growth chart or your own personalised one?

I had lots of growth scans with my recent baby due to previous PRE-E and mild IUGR. His measurements were always spot on on the average charts (50th) but low on my own personal one which they make on your bmi and height. He was estimated to be 7lbs at birth but he was born at 8lbs 2oz.

2lbs 4oz seems great at 28 weeks. My 1st was born at only 4lbs 6oz at 34+6. Like the other ladies have said try to relax, the important thing is baby is growing x

I don't know if it was personalised or not xx i am feeling better about it now as it seems she may have plotted it wrong, or whatever she did, but you are right she is growing and that is the important thing xxx

Thanks girls i am feeling better now x

Honey, I am sorry but i think your ultrasound tech person is a moron.
2lbs at 28 weeks is great. I had a risk of IUGR during my pregnancy, so i can assure you that.

I used this chart to check my baby's growth percentile, which measured with clinic's report:

https://www.baby2see.com/medical/charts.html

According to this, your baby is at 42nd %ile of weight :)

I remember with my son, he was estimated to be around 1150 gms at 30weeks, which is 14 percentile. So yours is doing great :)

NB: My son was born at 38.5 weeks weighing 6 pounds, so he did gain 4.5 lbs in 8 weeks!

Honey, I am sorry but i think your ultrasound tech person is a moron.
2lbs at 28 weeks is great. I had a risk of IUGR during my pregnancy, so i can assure you that.

I used this chart to check my baby's growth percentile, which measured with clinic's report:

https://www.baby2see.com/medical/charts.html

According to this, your baby is at 42nd %ile of weight :)

I remember with my son, he was estimated to be around 1150 gms at 30weeks, which is 14 percentile. So yours is doing great :)

NB: My son was born at 38.5 weeks weighing 6 pounds, so he did gain 4.5 lbs in 8 weeks!

<3 thank you xxx I really appreciate that you took your time and plotted her on a chart, that's really sweet of you xxx

<3 thank you xxx I really appreciate that you took your time and plotted her on a chart, that's really sweet of you xxx
I have been in your shoes, so i can understand how unnerving it is :)

i have had many wonderful women share such charts & tables with me on this forum. Glad i could do the same :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->