Growth Scans and Birth Weight

ShelbyLC

Twin girls & baby boy!
Reaction score
I hope you ladies (and any men!) don't mind me posting here. I don't have a preemie but the doctors aren't expecting me to make it anywhere near term.

I was told today that my NICU won't try to save small babies if they weigh less than 500grams, which is just over 1lb 1oz. As of yesterday, my babies are measuring 1lb 1oz and 1lb 2oz. So, borderline if things happen soon. But I know the ultrasound weight is just an estimate, so I was wondering if you could tell me the weights of your babies when they were born and what they were estimated to weight at your last US before birth.

Thank you, and sorry if this isn't allowed. Just trying to be prepared. :flower:

I had my girls at 32wks and 6 days. I was in the hospital since 30 weeks. My growth scan the day before was off by 2 ounces on each girl. Avery was estimated at 3lbs 14oz and she was 3lbs 12 oz. Brooke was est. at 3lbs 4 oz and she was 3lbs 2 oz.

Best of luck with everything!

My LO was born at 3 lbs. 1 oz. at 34 weeks. She was expected to be 2 lbs. 12 oz. as per my last growth scan a week prior.

Good luck honey!!! I hope everything goes smoothly and your LO's have some time to bake a little longer!!!

My daughter was estimated at 1000 grams and was born at 960 (2 pounds, 2 ounces) at 29 weeks.

Thank you all so much. It's relieving to see that the estimates were fairly close to actual birth weight! I'm hoping my girls don't show up anytime soon, but I'll try to bulk them up as much as possible while I can. :flower:

Protein shakes!! Make lots of them and take them with you wherever you go!

I can't answer your question (we never had a growth scan) but I wanted to say you are MORE than welcome to post in here x

About 4 days? Before my LO was born he was estimated 6 lbs 5 oz.. he was 7 lbs 1 oz when he was born at 34 weeks 6 days :) good luck!! Its hard having a baby in the NICU but at least you know they are safe & well taken care of!!

I don't remember that exact numbers, but both of my babies weighed more when they were born than they thought they would (2 pounds 11 ounces and 4 pounds 13 ounces). :) Good luck, dear. :hugs:

My son a 25 weeker was estimated 1pound 7 ounces he weighed 1 pound 10 ounces at birth

At a growth scan at 33 weeks she was estimated as 5lb8, she was born at 35 weeks weighing 8lb15 so she must have been way more than they thought she was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->