• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Grrrr

lauren1991

Reaction score
I am actually so angry I need somewhere to vent.

Me and my OH are getting married in August in a small registry office.

My OH's brother got married in July last year and they got married in a big lavish wedding with over 100 guests! Massive wedding!

Her theme colour was purple ( which is a very popular colour for weddings at the moment)

Her invites had a flower and butterfly on them.

Basically I didn't like her wedding one bit! I was made to feel like an outsider when I was carrying my OHs child.

So now were getting married I picked Cadbury purple bridesmaid dresses, plain band wedding ring, and a purple butterfly on my wedding invites with diamontes.

But now apparently I'm copying her? Apparently my wedding will be a smaller scale version of hers...?? How can that possibly be if mines is in a registry office, my dress is simple not a maringue like hers, were having a bowling club for the reception.... I'm so angry! Purple isn't exclusive to her!!!!!

Apparently my engagement ring is exactly like her wedding ring when 1) I have NEVER seen her wedding ring 2) hers is platinum, mines is white gold and from flipping Argos not beaver brooks!

So now I've had to change everything to royal blue!

If I were you, I wouldn't be changing anything to suit anyone :) I've found its easier to keep our wedding plans between me, OH, and this forum. Other people just think they get to have a say if you tell them things. Try to forget everyone else and just do what you and OH want - I've found it takes a lot of stress out doing it this way xx

I've changed everything to blue. I'm so angry if I didn't change it I would have heard the end of it. X

On one hand I would say stuff her and have whatever you want. Like you say, purple isn't exclusive to her. Cadbury purple was THE colour for weddings. If you're copying her then who did she copy??
But on the other hand, it's just a colour, and if you're just as happy with blue then sometimes it's easier to change one thing and know that no-one is going to cause unnecessary grief for you!

As you say purple isn't exclusive to her and Cadbury purple is very popular as a wedding colour, it was when I got married too in 2011.

Also butterfly's are very popular (I had them too!)

If it makes you feel better we had royal blue, OH chose it, I'd never have gone for it and it looked AMAZING against the whites/creams and OH had a grey suit so great choice!

Xx

She doesn't sound very nice! I couldn't understand if it was an usual colour or something nobody else has but it's not!
See with me my colours are Pastel pink and turquoise, sooooo many people have pink so that obviously wouldn't bother me but if someone had pastel pink and turquoise together it would, purely for the fact I don't know anyone to put the colours together and it's not a popular choice!

My brother got engaged at Christmas and when I asked his girlfriend about colours she said she liked purple but didn't know the etiquette of having it as our cousin had it last year! The only thing is my cousin and her husband got married quickly after planning their wedding for a year as he was sadly given 6 weeks to live, they chose purple because it was the colour of the charity of the particular cancer he had, it was meant to mean a fresh start but sadly It went the other way! That colour to them and everyone has a lot of meaning and for that reason I don't think my brother should have that colour!

Sorry a rambled on but my point is if it was something with a meaning, something different and unusual fair enough but the things you mentioned are all very popular wedding things :)

I know! I've changed everything to royal blue now.

So angry! She's pissed me off now! Does she say to everyone who has an eternity ring that their copying her?

She's all high and mighty and always makes me feel like common scum when around her.

My and my oh are doing this on a budget, eBay dresses for bridesmaids and my dress is from a catalogue! So how the hell can I be copyin her?

I've got to throw the butterflies I've ordered away now! X

My new invitation idea, still got to work on them x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members