Grunting, pulling away frequently?

Desi's_lost

baby girl,boy and me
Reaction score
My LO is pretty gassy. Louddddd farts and burps :haha: But the past two days he's been latching for a second, pulling away, trying to re-latch, repeat. He'll grunt while doing this as well. And in the end, he doesn't actually eat much even though he seems hungry. I've noticed, when he gets like this, that he also won't settle to sleep.

I have too much milk, as in I pump out four ounces at night (10pm-12am) then wake up and pump four more ounces out at 7-8am, all while nursing him on demand.

I have noticed that he nurses better after I pump, and isn't so fussy. He's most often like that when I haven't pumped in 4-6+ hours.

Any ideas what this is? Cant tell if its just a him thing, reflux, or maybe my fore milk makes him more gassy?

Oh, he's 11 days old.

Does he pull off when your milk lets down? Does he cough or dribble a lot of milk when he feeds? My dd2 did/still does this to an extent and it's because my milk lets down very fast and she struggles with the flow. That might explain why he finds it easier after you've pumped.
I now tend to wait until she has pulled off, let it spray into a muslin then relatch.

Agree with above... I have too much milk too and the letdown is really fast. I have to feed him lying reclined almost flat in my back or he gulps and fusses. It makes him really gassy too :(. It's frustrating and I wish my milk supply would settle down!

I'm not feeling a let down while he's at the breast but often there is a lot of milk just hanging around. i'm not sure if there is a difference there. I havnt noticed him dribbling the milk when he's pulling off repeatedly but he does cough sometimes.

I do have a fast let down so it could just as easily be that but I can't figure out how to rule out alternatives xP. May just take him to the pedi tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->