Grunting?

toothfairyx

Reaction score
Jamie grunts, wriggles, cries in his sleep every night from around 5am until he wakes for his 7am feed. It's extremely noisy and he sounds like he's in pain. I've even checked on him thinking he must be awake but he's fast asleep. He will also suddenly go quiet from making this racket at which point I often end up checking him to see if he's ok. Then the noise starts again.. It's driving us crazy - any ideas?

My LO also does this.

The hosp told us this is relatively common among premature babies.

Dont have any ideas on how to stop it though sorry, I'm assuming they maybe just grow out of it eventually. :shrug:

In one of the Bliss booklets about prem babies it says the preemies often move and make more noises during their sleep than term babies, but to rest assured as they are sound asleep.

Try not to worry. I know it hard though, my daughter makes a lot of noises in her sleep and I check her a lot too :blush:

K has only just stopped doing this recently, and he wasn't even prem!! It's annoying but it does go away and docs reassured me it's totally normal. They said it's a really common prem side effect!! That and constant straining...

xxx

Molly used to do this all the time. We had to move her in to her own room really early. It worked out really well for us cos it meant we could slepp better adn so could she, without me poking her etc lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->