Grunty restless baby?

caggimedicine

Mummy to Harry
Reaction score
Hi all

Harry is 10 days old and makes grunting sounds when he's in his moses basket at night (not usually during the day). The best way to describe the noises I suppose would be to say that it almost seems as though he's really struggling to do a poo... but when I check, there's no poo there. I know he's not constipated... his poos at the moment are quite watery and very regular throughout the day. He's a breastfed baby and never usually has any wind. Has any one got any idea what these grunts are? He is really restless when he's making the noises and husband and I can't sleep when he's like this. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Patrick has been doing this for a week or so now, for no reason, and to be honest its driving me mad, he does it during the day. I know hes doing it on purpose coz he just kinda does it as and when he wants to...its so annoying!! I made a thread on it and people said its normal, its just him learning to make noise and stuff! xx

My baby girl was doing the same and often sounded like she had liquid in her throat that she was swolling back down - she was also getting irritable for a period of time in the evenings and after some feeds. I took her to GP and she has been diagnosed with silent reflux - she is not sicky at all (silent part) but the acid in her tummy rises into her throat which burns - hense the fidgeting and grunting - not nice.

Not saying this is what your baby boy has - just thought i'd mention in it in case other symptoms came up, as the restless sleeping at night and grunting were the first signs for my LO xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->