guess this is the place to post, has anyone seen what to expect when you're expecting

Arisa

Mummy to Summer Rose
Reaction score
Since this is the pregnancy discussion part of the forum I thought I would ask who has seen the film and what they think of it?
I have read the book and obviously since its a Q&A book it wont be based on actual written characters or anything but how accurate are the portrayals of the women who are pregnant?
I saw in the trailer one of the women going on about how horny she was and how big her boobs had gotten and how great pregnancy was or words to that effect :wacko::wacko: Are you kidding me? that was the opposite of what happened to me

any realistic parts of the film?

Heya, duno if youve seen this film or nt yet but theres a few different pregnancies in there.

The woman who has a perfect pregnancy, neat lil bump, no sickness, no tiredness, no aches n pains, wears gorgeous clothes all the way through heels n all...n then when in labour she sneezes n out the baby pops!!

Then theres my character..aching, sickness till the 24 week mark, sweating, tired aaaall the time, hates being touched by anyone, cranky, looks like a beached whale tryin to get off a sofa etc etc... She then has to have a c-section and a big bleed n is fighting for her life etc

And then another i think....cnt quite remember. But i remember thinkin it was good it wasnt just ur typical perfect pregnancy film. :) quite funny tho...lots of looks from my OH where u cud see him thinkin "ye thats u!"

It's good.. I don't think I would have thought so a couple of years ago but now its definitely aimed straight at me i loved it.

Yes there is a character who breezes through but then there is one who is looking forward to a glowing pregnancy and amazing natural birth but doesn't quite get that and a workaholic who can't seem to accept she has to slow down. I think its 5 altogether .. There were some bits i found really funny..

hey ladies well I saw the film and found parts of it good, like the fact they did include a miscarriage into the film as sad as it was it gave some realism to the film, also the dads club was good as it showed that men CAN be dads, and actually not bad mouth their wives and talk about sex and getting drunk all the time like most comedy movies tend to be like, so it was way more realistic and I loved Elizabeth banks as her character was like I was, so desperate to conceive then when she did she hated her pregnancy and had a c section, lost a lot of blood and never got a "glow" during her pregnancy. Cameron diaz was a typical movie or text book pregnancy and the over the top Skyler woman who sneezed out twins was funny but the most unrealistic thing I have ever seen and jennifer lopez was annoying but their little Ethiopian baby was gorgeous

O god i remember now...i blubbed like hell when they had that adoption ceremony and were handed their little boy! Lol i did enjoy it all tho :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->