Guilty of my eating habit :(

ButterflyX

Reaction score
Is there a thread here somewhere that discusses meal plans or something ? I think I need eating motivation. I was much better at my eating choices before becoming pregnant. BUT the moment I got pregnant, my eating habits has changed , not to the better. The last two weeks, I've skipped breakfast and also lunch sometimes. Let me not forget to mention that I've been feeling sick and all. I also stopped taking my prenatal. I really feel guilty and don't know what to do. I don't wanna harm the baby.

I think it's really tricky during the 1st tri to eat because of the morning sickness so don't worry cause it's completely normal to skip meals and eat less. I did!

In my 1st tri though I cut out all refined sugar and bad fats. I upped my water intake and stocked up on fruit and vege's. It got to the point where the only food in our house was healthy (yay!) which took about 3 weeks of transition.

I thought it's more important to eat something healthy than eating just anything. So by slowly changing all the food in the house when I did eat it happened to be healthy which is great.

I'm hardly eating a lot Aswel (due to most the day sivkness) but when I do I'm trying to stick to light bites & fruit I always have cereal bars in & fruit so trying at the odd parts of the day when I'm not being/feeling sick I grab something quick, I'm also drinking a lot of fresh juices too xx

A lot of people find eating during the first tri difficult with sickness etc, it's tough. I think as long as your getting plenty fluid you should be ok, just try to eat dry things such as dry toast or crackers, as for forgetting about your parentals, how about sticking a little note were you would see it in the morning? (Maybe by the kettle for example) that way you won't forget :thumbup:

You just got to do what you can do in first tri.

I could only have fluids for about 10days. When i did start wanting food they were odd(like a pie) but little food of something is pretty than nothing.
After being in hosp only thing that would settle and stay in my stomach was salty bacon.

Ive not took folic acid since week 7 as it was last thing on my mind (i never took it with my previous babies either)

Dont be so hard on yourself :)

I'm the same with skipping meals etc, then when I do eat I can only manage a few bites. It's such a waste. I stopped taking prenatals with dd around 8 weeks (I was sicker with her, couldn't even keep water down) and she turned out fine. I'm counting down to 15 weeks because that's when I stopped feeling so bad and was able to eat a bit more with dd. It will pass!

I never ate breakfast to begin with before I got pregnant. It's something about waking up in the morning and forcing myself to eat something. I'm normally not hungry until at least 11 or so. It's still that way even with me being pregnant, but now I can get a meal and hardly eat any of it because I get full fast. I also have been slacking on my prenatal as well as my iron supplement that my doctor prescribed me. I'm to the point that next week if it hasn't let up, and going into my second tri, I'm going to ask my doctor for advise or anti-sickness pill. I was never this sick with my first.

Thanks for your responses guys. It really eased my mind. I hope it's just a phase that will pass quickly And That I will not feel as sick for eating...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->