gum disease...anyone else???

LovemyBubx

Mummy, Daddy & Daughter
Reaction score
yes i was very lazy with my tooth brushing when i was younger & now im paying for it.

Ive always had red bleeding gums as long as i can remember but never really new the consequences.

A ive got older (im in my early 20s) ive obviously been more aware & started brushing everyday & using mouthwash. but a couple months ago i got dark lines that appeared near my gum line & between a couple of my teeth & i cant seem to get rid of it or know why ive got it :shrug:

Also last week i felt movement in my top front teeth, i cant move them when i want & it doesnt happen all the time its just sometimes they feel uncomfortable so i push them forward with my tongue, it happens quite a bit when im spitting out tooth paste & mouthwash, im so scared they are going to fall out :cry:

Ive been using corsdyl mouthwash for a week & im brushing twice a day for like 3 mins at a time, most of my gums are looking much healthier including my top front ones. Even though im brushing the gums that are still red they just dont seem to be getting better :cry:

please someone who has had this tell me what their dentist had to do & im hoping your gona tell me that your teeth didnt fall out

or if anyones a dentist please give me some advice, i dont want DD to have a mummy with no teeth! :cry::cry: im having nightmares every night about this :cry:

don't worry, I had this and honestly thought the dentist would tell me I need all my teeth removing (I didn't go to the dentist for 8 years; naughty me!) but he checked them and they were all fine and very stable despite what it felt like-he did say my gums were inflamed and while he advised me corsodyl as a temporary measure he said only seeing a dental hygienist can fix that as they can clean right under the gumline and inbetween your teeth properly-it is almost impossible to get into some of those nooks and crannies yourself. In most NHS dentists it costs about £40 to see the hygienist but it is worth it (not sure if it is covered by the maternity exemption card because it isn't a treatment but considered as more of a cosmetic thing-I know the tax credits NHS exemption card doesn't cover it), I was a bit cynical myself about it but OH had the same problem as me and after being seen by the hygienist his teeth and gums looked much much better and he doesn't even have to use corsodyl or anything any more

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->