gunky eyes? *updated - we're nearly gunk free he he*

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
for the last day or so maddi seemed to have a 'gunky' eye, i thought i was because her bottom eye lashes were annoying her eyes, but both eyes today seem just a bit gunky, like extra sleep in corners thats soft, sorry tmi! am taking her to the hv tomorrow but wondered what you ladies thought?

could it have anything to do with how congested and coughing she is?

have attached a pic but don't no if you can see it properly x

Attachments

• eyes.jpg
    eyes.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 18
annabelle had gunky eyes the other day when i had my 6 week check i asked doctor he said it just a cold coming out in her eyes but it could be conjuctivtis too so bed to get it checked hun

Lou
xxx

annabelle had gunky eyes the other day when i had my 6 week check i asked doctor he said it just a cold coming out in her eyes but it could be conjuctivtis too so bed to get it checked hun

Lou
xxx

thanks sweetie, i was worried about conjuctivtis, glad we're off to hv for weigh in and chat tomorrow, ill speak to her and then get a dr app if necessary x

Alfie had a gunky eye for about 3 weeks after he was born and the midwife told me to out breastmilk in it and it got better within 2 days!!! We had been bthing it with sterile water before that.

Are you BF?? If so maybe give it a try??

Alfie had a gunky eye for about 3 weeks after he was born and the midwife told me to out breastmilk in it and it got better within 2 days!!! We had been bthing it with sterile water before that.

Are you BF?? If so maybe give it a try??

i'm not breastfeeding honey, but i will def. bathe them in sterile water though, thanks you x

Maybe warm chamomile can help? I know it's pretty mild and good for clearing sleep out of eyes.

But do get it checked out, you never know :hugs:

Maybe warm chamomile can help? I know it's pretty mild and good for clearing sleep out of eyes.

But do get it checked out, you never know :hugs:

thanks amy, such a good idea honey. yep taking her to clinic tomorrow afternoon so get it check their, thanks again sweetie :hugs: x

riley had conjunctavtius (sp) when he was a baby i would go docs hun

charlie has had conjuntivitis but the dr told me to keep cleaning it for 24 hours to see if it will clear up xxx

Chloe had this the other week, so bad her eyes were sticking together, I phoned NHS direct as it was a friday evening. They advised it could be a cold or conjunctivitis, either way the best thing to do is warm boiled water on cotton wool, wipe from inside to outside of eye and repeat on the other eye with a new bit of cotton wool.

It should clear on its own, if still no better in 3-5 days then see gp as may need drops.

The nurse I spoke to said that these days drs are reluctant to prescribe drops straight away as it often clears up itself quickly and they would tell you to do that in the first instance.

I cleaned them like she said at by the monday it had gone. I hope it works xx

Is she any better now? Ruby has sticky eyes at the moment and is on drops 4 times a day xx

aww thanks ladies - only just seen all these more replies :blush:

well it seemed to be cleared up after all the bathing i did with it with cooled boiled water, hv said it was probably due to her cough - congestion etc.

hayley - the hv suggested bathing with water and salt - maddi's cleared up before i needed to do this but might be worth trying, though i found i was unhappy at the thought of doing this for some stupid reason :shrug: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->