had doc app and ultrasound...now i'm nervous

BabyUrq

Reaction score
so i had my doctor's appointment on wednesday and i was suddenly measuring 43 cm when i should have been measuring 39....although i was expecting to measure 40 based on the previous two weeks where i had just started to measure one week ahead...
my doctor had ordered an ultrasound just over two weeks ago but i still hadn't gotten an appointment so while i was there on wednesday she called the hospital to try to get me in within the next couple days...she managed to get me in yesterday with a nurse instead of a doc to check position and amount of fluid as those were the bigger concerns over size of baby....
so nurse was measuring a lot of fluid...quite a bit more than a normal variation...so she wanted a doctor to check me out while i was there....while waiting for the doctor she explained what that much fluid could mean...but with each thing that could be wrong she explained why it wasn't wrong with my baby based on the signs she saw on the ultrasound....so none of that really worried me.....they did however get me to do the one hour glucose blood test again as another cause for that much fluid could be GB....and sugar diabetes runs very strong in my family...
anyway...what is worrying me a little is with that much fluid is if my water breaks with a large gush there is a chance the cord could come out first....(and worst case scenario would be come out with the water)....
my baby is head down however the head isn't down at far as it used to be and baby is now kinda floating around (kinda...doc did say fair size baby so not a whole lot of room for movement lol)

so i guess my point is...this has made me a little nervous about labor starting...i'm not really super worried...they did say that with head down that if my water breaks like that the head should go down with it to block the cord or that the head will come down more before my water breaks....but now i'm just a little nervous....the kind of nervous that makes me want to get it over with but also want to wait to talk to my doctor about it before hand....

anyway...thanks for listening ladies....sorry so long...

I have tons of extra water its called poly my dr isn't worried about any of the things you've mention also there's no reason for me to have all this water

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->