Had my baby shower yesterday..woah.

Jcliff

Reaction score
Ive never been so overwhelmed and uncomfortable in my life. It was so nice to have everyone there and we received alot of nice stuff. But I hate being the center of attention and felt like I was being suffocated.Being asked "How do you feel?" every 5 seconds, and being pulled in every direction. As much as I feel so blessed and thankful for my mom and sisters putting it on for me, Im so happy its over....:blush: Im SO not the "shower" type of girl. Even my bridal shower was uncomfortable for me!

I know exactly how you feel :). I hate people asking me constantly how I'm feeling (pregnant duh)

Lol that's how I felt with my first but there was like 30 people there! I thought I was going to lose it haha

Mine is coming up this Sunday and I'm both dreading it (bc of the reasons you state) and excited to see everyone. I am thankful and feel fortunate to have people in my life who wanted to do this for me, but boy do i hate attention.

I felt exactly the same way at my bridal shower, and I'm afraid that my baby showers (yes, I am having two! Ahhhh!) will be the same way. But I am really looking forward to celebrating my baby, and at least this time it's more about my baby rather than about me. :)

Just put on a smile and say thank you :) I didnt even have time to eat. I luckily was able to walk around with my water bottle all day. Now that its over, Im glad I was fortunate enough to have one. The gifts are really going to help. Eventhough I have more little girl clothes 0-3month then Ill EVER need.

I will be having mine this week on Sunday as well and I'm exactly how you are. I'm so excited to see everyone and have the shower but I hate being the center of attention :)

I'm afraid this is how I'll feel at mine - my friend is throwing mine and I told her to keep it low key- LoL - not that she'll listen most likely but whatever!

I know exactly how you felt! I felt the same way at mine a couple of weeks ago. I'm so thankful for my friends and their thoughtfulness, but it was really uncomfortable for me! I'm used to being the party planner, not the party receiver! :blush:

At least at my bridal shower I was able a few glasses of wine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->